Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Do sliders actually work?! (/forums/showthread.php?t=263822)

rckabillyRaider 08-19-2008 12:51 PM

Do sliders actually work?!

I bought this game on release day and only played it for a few days due to the horrible gameplay issues. I'm wondering why there are a lot of people posting their slider settings because if I remember correctly, the sliders in this game had absolutely no effect at all. The only one that had minimal effect was QB accuracy. And even that one didn't really work as it is supposed to. I just remember it taking velocity off the throws only. I haven't even downloaded the patch. Did that do anything for any of the gameplay issues? I wanna give this game a try again cuz I did like the presentation and college feel of the game.

DaNextPhenom25 08-19-2008 03:17 PM

Re: Do sliders actually work?!

As of right now, the Human sliders are the only things that work, not that CPU sliders. Some people insist that not all the CPU sliders are broken, but that is only a handful of people. The first patch only fixed roster and online dynasty issues. The second patch (details can be found stickied) will fix gameplay issues such as the CPU sliders not working and other problems. I'm pretty sure you will see a difference if you put QBA and pass blocking at 0.

m00d 08-19-2008 03:30 PM

He is correct but I'll add that the Human sliders control both the CPU and the Human.

rckabillyRaider 08-19-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNextPhenom25 (Post 2038624309)
As of right now, the Human sliders are the only things that work, not that CPU sliders. Some people insist that not all the CPU sliders are broken, but that is only a handful of people. The first patch only fixed roster and online dynasty issues. The second patch (details can be found stickied) will fix gameplay issues such as the CPU sliders not working and other problems. I'm pretty sure you will see a difference if you put QBA and pass blocking at 0.

I'll probably pop it in later to refresh my memory, but I remember how there was no pass rush, Robo QB in full effect, huge kickoff returns and the only way to win a game was hope that your opponent throws the first interception cuz other than that, there was really no way to stop an offense

DaNextPhenom25 08-19-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider (Post 2038624369)
I'll probably pop it in later to refresh my memory, but I remember how there was no pass rush, Robo QB in full effect, huge kickoff returns and the only way to win a game was hope that your opponent throws the first interception cuz other than that, there was really no way to stop an offense

Yep, that just about sums up how the game still plays.