Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Quarter length (/forums/showthread.php?t=264072)

ChicagoSparty 08-20-2008 12:26 PM

Quarter length

What quarter length produces a realistic number of plays? Thanks.

SloeyEZ 08-20-2008 12:30 PM

Re: Quarter length

15 just like in real life

seriously i see a lot of posts about unrealistic play and I just haven't seen it so I don't know what these people are doing. I play the game as is, never changed a slider or setting and my games have all been in the ballpark and this was always my biggest pet peeves with older football games and hc 06

ChicagoSparty 08-20-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SloeyEZ (Post 2038627797)
15 just like in real life

seriously i see a lot of posts about unrealistic play and I just haven't seen it so I don't know what these people are doing. I play the game as is, never changed a slider or setting and my games have all been in the ballpark and this was always my biggest pet peeves with older football games and hc 06

Really? I haven't really paid attention to to my total number of plays, but for some reason assumed they were low.

I agree that otherwise, default is the ticket.

rckabillyRaider 08-20-2008 02:20 PM

yup, 15 min with accelerated clock is perfect. I usually end up with around 60 plays or so. Had a great shoot out last night with the Raiders (me) vs Arizona. Kicked a last second field goal to win 39-38. That has been the highest score I have seen (NEVER seen the 70-60 scores a select few are claiming) and the total offense for each team was around 400 yds. Just a good ol fashioned shoot out. But usually total offense is around 300 yds for me.

lefty1117 08-20-2008 02:22 PM

Yep 15 mins accelerated here. I also take time going through the plays, i look at other things on the clipboard like player health, i look at drive summaries and player stats to try to work out trends, etc. Pretty much I do the things that I figure a coach really does during the games.

One thing i wish the game did was i wish it had an option to adjust how far the playclock will accelerate before you break the huddle. So if I call a play with 30 seconds on the playclock, and i have it set to break the huddle at 15 seconds, the clock will accelerate to 15 seconds, instead of having to wait. It sounds trivial but at the end of a game when you're trying to run out the clock, it can be tedious. Not a game breaker but one thing that I think would be a nice little touch.

ChicagoSparty 08-20-2008 02:24 PM

Good to know. Thanks guys.

georgiafan 08-20-2008 02:44 PM

How long does it take to play a game 15 min with acc. clock? I've been busy doing offseason stuff and only played 1 game.

rckabillyRaider 08-20-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiafan (Post 2038628392)
How long does it take to play a game 15 min with acc. clock? I've been busy doing offseason stuff and only played 1 game.

I would say no more than 1 hr. I dont even notice the time, as I get really into the game and start cursing at my TV when players drop balls or the QB doesnt throw to the wide open man! LOL