Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   When can we expect Spectator Mode for online play? (/forums/showthread.php?t=264813)

Rex_Goodheart 08-23-2008 05:42 PM

When can we expect Spectator Mode for online play?

Our online league has been dying for this feature for years now. The ability to watch the other league/dynasty games live would add tremendous excitement and enthusiasm for online league play.

Come on EA, Sony. Grow some server space, add some bandwidth... I want to watch other people's games.

diehardgamecock 08-23-2008 06:07 PM

Re: When can we expect Spectator Mode for online play?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex_Goodheart (Post 2038640039)
Our online league has been dying for this feature for years now. The ability to watch the other league/dynasty games live would add tremendous excitement and enthusiasm for online league play.

Come on EA, Sony. Grow some server space, add some bandwidth... I want to watch other people's games.

amen.

with the EXTREME popularity of online dynasty mode, there are two things which i think EA MUST address next year:

1) allow users to observe games played by other users in the dynasty OR at the very least allow a "gametracker" (like the one that we use to keep up with real college games) type feature that allows players to keep up with online dynasty games in progress. this is a major feature, IMO. if you've got an important user vs. user game going on in your division or the occasional user vs. computer game that isn't going so well for the user, you need to know about it and keep up with it if you want to. the "gametracker" option would seem to be easy as hell to implement.

2) they simply MUST put some type of auto-save feature into the game that saves the game at critical points so that if (scratch that....WHEN) the game freezes or the servers go down or whatever to screw up the game, you can re-start it at a decent point within the game instead of totally ruining any momentum one player had vs. the other. the two main options i see would be to either have a save after every quarter, or a save after every score.....that way, if the game locks up or a player gets booted for whatever reason, you could at least start the game back up with the same conditions (weather, injuries, score - if using an auto-save after every score).

diehardgamecock 08-24-2008 04:28 PM

surprised this hasn't gotten more responses...

C-NICE 08-24-2008 05:19 PM

Most def me and my boyz have been asking for this feature for a while now. Especially since some users in our dynasty play important games like the National ship if we could all watch it together that would be next gen :woot:

cubsfan203 08-24-2008 05:30 PM

OMT already replied to someone bringing this up. He said that it's possible but it's costly and a low priority or something of that nature.

diehardgamecock 08-25-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubsfan203 (Post 2038642951)
OMT already replied to someone bringing this up. He said that it's possible but it's costly and a low priority or something of that nature.

which part did he address? the spectator mode or the in-game auto quick-save feature?

if spectator mode is too costly, then surely a "gametracker" feature could be implemented for a fraction of the cost & time.

with all the disconnects and game freezes which cause user vs. user online dynasty games to have to be replayed, they are going to have to do something....IMO, some type of save or game recovery system needs to be put in place.

bluprintkok 08-25-2008 05:38 PM

seriously i would love either one, i was actually very surprised it wasnt added alongside the OD feature.

cubsfan203 08-25-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardgamecock (Post 2038644667)
which part did he address? the spectator mode or the in-game auto quick-save feature?

if spectator mode is too costly, then surely a "gametracker" feature could be implemented for a fraction of the cost & time.

with all the disconnects and game freezes which cause user vs. user online dynasty games to have to be replayed, they are going to have to do something....IMO, some type of save or game recovery system needs to be put in place.

It was watching other people's games on online dynasty.