Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Whats your favorite playbooks? (/forums/showthread.php?t=264952)

dpw1717 08-24-2008 04:10 PM

Whats your favorite playbooks?

Well so far I like Ohio states playbook but I am not 100% sold on it yet. Just looking for what peoples fav. playbook is and why?

LoWw 08-24-2008 05:03 PM

Re: Whats your favorite playbooks?

Florida has a nice PB! Also, one of the most used teams online.

leetdemon 08-24-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoWw (Post 2038642890)
Florida has a nice PB! Also, one of the most used teams online.

if you are a cheeser.....

Utah st for the non cheesers.

tfin1212 08-24-2008 07:20 PM

I use Tulsa's in my dynasty. It's a spread offense but also has some balance to the type of plays.

BSanders 08-24-2008 07:24 PM

West Virginia...

a4reak 08-24-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetdemon (Post 2038643004)
if you are a cheeser.....

Utah st for the non cheesers.

I use florida b/c they have the wide spread sets. How does a playbook = cheese using it with a team w/o Florida's personnel ?

approaching80 08-24-2008 09:11 PM

I've been using South Carolina's playbook. I like a playbook with some power running with some option runs mixed in. I also like to have spread passing formations and a 5 WR set.

jdrhammer 08-24-2008 09:13 PM

I'm die-hard Ole Miss and I know Houston Nutt's gonna run the ball if he can. Our OC, Kent Austin spreads the ball around due to his CFL background so I was looking for something that had plenty of I-Forms/Strong/Weak, with some 4 and 5 WR sets since there was only one 4-wide in Ole Miss' playbook. I looked through and I really like Rutgers playbook. It is very similar but it has about half and half TE sets vs the extra WR. They like to run the ball so it worked out for me.

I always try to get close to what my team runs and this was a good fit since we have several solid upperclassmen at WR. I usually change a little over the course of a long dynasty depending on the type of players I have. For 08, either Rhombic or Hellisan did a feature on the One Back Playbook and it was awesome as well. I had a Reggie Bush type of HB that I put in the slot a lot and it was a potent offense. That's basically all I've worked with.