Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Substitutions (/forums/showthread.php?t=265024)

smitty123 08-24-2008 11:02 PM

Substitutions

First gotta say fun game! I was one of the few die hard fans of the 1st iteration. Anywat quick question: Does the team subsitute guys in and out automatically or only when the substitute task comes up? If it is only when the task comes up then do I have to manually sub them back in? Thanks in advance.

Guggy107 08-25-2008 01:13 AM

Re: Substitutions

To partially answer your question, if you sub players when the prompt comes up on your clipboard, then I'm pretty sure you have to manually sub them back in. I'm still trying to figure out if players are automatically subbed in and out based on what philosophy you have set. I kind of wish they had Maddens auto sub option where you can set a specific fatigue level at which they will leave and come back into the game. Havent quite figured out this aspect of the game yet.

smitty123 08-25-2008 02:36 PM

I figured as mush. It seems that there must be some sort of auto sub, otherwise I am barely subbing.

smitty123 08-25-2008 07:42 PM

Can anyone shed some light on this? Surely someone knows.

billharris44 08-25-2008 07:59 PM

I know that when I was asked about subbing my star halfback, I said "yes," and he never came back into the game. I checked the depth chart, though, and he was still first, so that wasn't the way to get him back in manually.

Tweeg 08-25-2008 08:41 PM

If you sub the player out when you are prompted, he will stay out until you put him back in. He will remain atop of your Depth Chart even while he's out. To get him back in you will have to head to the Health/Fatigue section of your clipboard, find the player and choose from there to let them play. Hope that helps..

Dan_Bekins 08-25-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweeg (Post 2038646764)
If you sub the player out when you are prompted, he will stay out until you put him back in. He will remain atop of your Depth Chart even while he's out. To get him back in you will have to head to the Health/Fatigue section of your clipboard, find the player and choose from there to let them play. Hope that helps..

This is correct.

We're adding functionality in the patch to sub the player back in once he is rested.

Tweeg 08-25-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins (Post 2038647283)
This is correct.

We're adding functionality in the patch to sub the player back in once he is rested.

Awesome, any truth to the rumor that I can collect a decent real life paycheck while playing this game?