Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Lets Talk About The Raiders.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=265047)

datni99achris 08-25-2008 01:05 AM

Lets Talk About The Raiders....

Do they seem to be the "cheesers" choice of a team this year?
I have been cheesed with other teams, and I have no problem coming out with a "W"
But with the Raiders...i get Jamarcus running back 20 yards and throwing DARTS on the run...
i have even seen mcfadden at FB....
the Raider WR's catch everything
The CB's never get beat...and the DLine seems like its on HGH....

Come On EA...They are THE RAIDERS........

Thoughts?

I just HATE losing to someone, by what I can see, doesn't even know how to play football...but knows how to run around and throw...

HuskAir 08-25-2008 01:07 AM

Re: Lets Talk About The Raiders....

I'm about to extend my franchise raiders to 9-5 with a 17-3 win over the pats :D... we can play defense too!

datni99achris 08-25-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskAir (Post 2038644211)
I'm about to extend my franchise raiders to 9-5 with a 17-3 win over the pats :D... we can play defense too!

I am happy to hear that,LOL

But online, they are a bad team to play against, I get CREAMED by sorry dudes that I KNOW if they had any other team I would EASILY Own them...

rckabillyRaider 08-25-2008 01:22 AM

at least Madden still has love for his boys :cool:

but I agree that there are alot of "Madden Raider bandwagonners". Im a lifelong Raider fan, so they have been my team ever since tecmo bowl! LOL

AdamVinatieri4xsbchamp 08-25-2008 01:27 AM

lol I use the Raiders online because I DONT want to destroy people too bad. I played with the Colts the first few days cause thats my team and it's not even really a challenge 90% of the time. Cause not only can you shred anyone's secondary if you just simply make the right reads and throw the ball, Sanders and Bethea end up getting me 2-3 picks a game by themselves. I dont understand why you think the raiders are a cheeser team, just cuz they have good speed at QB and a couple of fast halfbacks and good corners. Its a good recipe for winning in Madden but there are much better teams out there.

CubsNBroncos 08-25-2008 01:40 AM

The team doesn't really matter in Madden. I use Denver and they aren't a horrible team, but I've played a lot of games against SD, Indy, Jacksonville, and New England, and I've always come out on top. I played my buddy who used the Bills, and I had to come back from a 21-7 deficit in the 3rd qtr to pull out the win. If you know how to play, attributes and whatnot don't matter much.

roll2tide 08-25-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datni99achris (Post 2038644205)
Do they seem to be the "cheesers" choice of a team this year?
I have been cheesed with other teams, and I have no problem coming out with a "W"
But with the Raiders...i get Jamarcus running back 20 yards and throwing DARTS on the run...
i have even seen mcfadden at FB....
the Raider WR's catch everything
The CB's never get beat...and the DLine seems like its on HGH....

Come On EA...They are THE RAIDERS........

Thoughts?

I just HATE losing to someone, by what I can see, doesn't even know how to play football...but knows how to run around and throw...

I havent lost to the raiders yet online. I use the 3-4 so I have lots of plays to contain Russell horizontally which leaves him running backwards which usually means that I have plenty of time to manually make a play on the ball. Just use lots of zone against them.

And the games I've faced them, the Raiders user uses alot of big sets to run with. I just use goal line with 3 DT, spread and fan the line and manually play the safety. I put the DBs in deep coverage off the line. A good player will beat this of course but the 'cheeser' types aren't good or they wouldn't be running BS plays to start with.

datni99achris 08-25-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roll2tide (Post 2038644293)
A good player will beat this of course but the 'cheeser' types aren't good or they wouldn't be running BS plays to start with.

And thats my whole point, I have lost plenty of games against friends that play legitly, but everytime i have played online against someone who uses the raiders, by the way they play, I can tell they aren't a good madden player BUT a player who knows how to do a couple things that will help them win games. I am also a player who doesn't feel that i need to practice playing this game so i can beat cheeser's either. Its like, as soon as i realize i am being cheesed, i just lose complete and total interest in the game that I am playing..I just play it out to get it over with....I just don't like wasting energy on trying to figure out how to counter exploits....