Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   PS2 vs. PS3 versions of NCAA Football (/forums/showthread.php?t=265768)

crques 08-29-2008 08:59 AM

Re: PS2 vs. PS3 versions of NCAA Football

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2038657071)
72-65?

Man, I'm lucky to score that many points total in 2 or 3 games. I need to revamp my offense. :)

Ok....so that was a little much but seriously I do average about 55 points per game and usually give up 35 or more every game. That's on the PS3 version. Since the patch on the 360 version I've seen much better scores but the cpu still can't run and they complete 70% of their passes.

countryboy 08-29-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crques (Post 2038657087)
Ok....so that was a little much but seriously I do average about 55 points per game and usually give up 35 or more every game. That's on the PS3 version. Since the patch on the 360 version I've seen much better scores but the cpu still can't run and they complete 70% of their passes.

again, I need to revamp my offense or something :)

If I score over 30 I'm excited.

crques 08-29-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2038657090)
again, I need to revamp my offense or something :)

If I score over 30 I'm excited.

I use WVU a lot so that might not be fair. LOL White and Devine are freaks on the game. I can go for 200+ with Devine just about every game. How many minute quarters are you playing? I play 7 usually. I even try to slow things down and make the game more low scoring and it still gets out of hand a lot. Again, this is the PS3 version. I've used WVU on the 360 version (post-patch) and I don't always score that much. I played USC the other day and beat them 35-31 but Devine still went for 150 yards.

grisch44 08-29-2008 09:13 AM

How recruiting on the PS2 version this year? My biggest gripe with the last gen versions was easy and predictable recruiting. With all of the issues with the PS3 version I might buy the PS2 if there's been any improvement in recruiting.

crques 08-29-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grisch44 (Post 2038657104)
How recruiting on the PS2 version this year? My biggest gripe with the last gen versions was easy and predictable recruiting. With all of the issues with the PS3 version I might buy the PS2 if there's been any improvement in recruiting.

I've only simmed a few dynasties and recruited on the PS2 but I definitely wasn't able to stack my team after a few seasons as I have been in the past. I was using Central Florida and only landed some 2 and 3 star players in 2 years. I couldn't reel in any of the big in state recruits. On past versions it seemed like it was much easier to get the bigger recruits with smaller schools.

countryboy 08-29-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crques (Post 2038657094)
I use WVU a lot so that might not be fair. LOL White and Devine are freaks on the game. I can go for 200+ with Devine just about every game. How many minute quarters are you playing? I play 7 usually. I even try to slow things down and make the game more low scoring and it still gets out of hand a lot. Again, this is the PS3 version. I've used WVU on the 360 version (post-patch) and I don't always score that much. I played USC the other day and beat them 35-31 but Devine still went for 150 yards.

I play 12 minute quarters. :y6:

Radioactiveman 08-29-2008 09:46 AM

Yeh people used to complain about last gen but after seeing the next gen I'm more impressed with last gen than I ever was. I don't see the glaring bugs on last gen and I get realistic scores and stats, it's a challenge and fun to play...no its not perfect but it at least resembles football and is an engaging experience. I picked up NCAA football for PS3 and the first drive I went 10-10 and scored a td (on Heisman) with very little effort what so ever. Tecmo Bowl was more realistic that that...

crques 08-29-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2038657144)
I play 12 minute quarters. :y6:

Holy crap!! I don't know what to tell you then. Do you milk the clock? I've been in some serious shootouts in my 7 minute quarter games. It's not that the cpu hits me with big plays but they nickel and dime me all the way down the field and come close to matching me score for score every game that I play, whether it's against Florida Atlantic or Florida. I had a game just the other day that was tied 7-7 at halftime and I was so excited. Then I ended up winning 45-35. The 2nd half turned into a scoring orgy for both of us.