Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How do you get offered into a new conference? (/forums/showthread.php?t=266598)

Skilltastrophy 09-02-2008 04:29 PM

How do you get offered into a new conference?

I built SMU up to a 6-star prestige and I am still forced to play in the terrible Conference USA. It was fine while SMU still sucked. I would lose every now and then and have some competitive games. Now, it's quite a few years down the line and I've won a national title and I've earned 3-straight BCS at large births. And part of the reason is because I still play in Conference USA. I have to schedule ridiculous non-conference games just for a challenge. And I don't even play conference games anymore, because they're too boring. I'll be up 56-3 at halftime of the conference games. It's like every team in my conference has gotten even worse than they used to be since I got SMU good. So, is there anyway to force a conference to offer? Or am I simply stuck playing in Conference USA?

mercalnd 09-02-2008 05:02 PM

Re: How do you get offered into a new conference?

To be invited to a new conference, there has to be a team getting kicked out and the conference must make geographic sense.

Your best bet is to take control a lower rated team in a BCS conference that is in the same region (in your case the Big XII, most likely Baylor would be a good choice) and purposely make sure they lose a lot (like 0-12 or 1-11) in the hopes of getting them kicked out and replacing them.

OMT 09-02-2008 06:56 PM

And even if all the factors are true, there is a still a dice roll to see if you are invited. We actually made it a higher chance in 08.

I'd just say you're on the wrong end of the bell curve. If you really want to move, save before you advance to the offseason. If you don't get the invite, exit dynasty and load back in and advance again. You should eventually get one. If you are six star, you should get a Big 12 invite unless EVERY team in that conference is somehow also 6 star!

Skilltastrophy 09-02-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMT (Post 2038669481)
And even if all the factors are true, there is a still a dice roll to see if you are invited. We actually made it a higher chance in 08.

I'd just say you're on the wrong end of the bell curve. If you really want to move, save before you advance to the offseason. If you don't get the invite, exit dynasty and load back in and advance again. You should eventually get one. If you are six star, you should get a Big 12 invite unless EVERY team in that conference is somehow also 6 star!

Thanks, that worked...they kicked out Oklahoma State...they've become terrible appearently