Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Ask Corso....please help! (/forums/showthread.php?t=266718)

deucepoppi17 09-03-2008 11:43 AM

Ask Corso....please help!

I started using Ask Corso so i wouldn't become addicted to using "money plays" all the time. I like it, but the problem is that I run a spread offense and have about 8 solid WR's. But the majority of plays he brings up are Ace or IForm based on my playbook (SanJoseSt)......

1) Is there a way for him to only choose "spread" plays?

2) Best playbook for spread offense that has VERY little normal running plays?

doctorhay53 09-03-2008 11:57 AM

Re: Ask Corso....please help!

You'll probably just have to go hunting through the playbooks. There is a 'Spread' generic, but I don't know how it is.

This is why we need custom playbooks....

blLLD0 09-03-2008 02:41 PM

Try Purdue.

They have around 5 ace formations and one I-formation, and the rest are shot-gun plays.

deucepoppi17 09-03-2008 02:53 PM

I just used Hawaii's playbook and i think thats who i will go with for now. They only have 2 sets of Ace and the rest Shotgun.

kindella2 09-03-2008 03:07 PM

the spread playbook is only shotgun formations...

countryboy 09-03-2008 06:03 PM

no trying to take this thread too far off topic, but I would love the ability to turn "ask corso" off completely. I hate on 4th downs that it automatically goes to his "called play". Then I have to back out and search for the play I want to run and feel comfortable with when I decide to go for it on 4th down.

Sorry, just had to do that mini-vent.

ProjectRipCity 09-03-2008 07:33 PM

What really annoys me is when it's 4th down...And I just click it as if it were a regular punt...It's a dang FB run when it's 4th and 14 on the 50 yard line. Also everytime I call a fake punt...It's like the CPU knows what I am doing so they do a safe return. It's just unrealistic...How the heck could they predict that EVERY single time.

What they need to add is coaches...With attributes.

For example...

Pete Carrol is a gambler...So going for it on the 50 yard line with three yards to go should be added to his attribute.

I do believe they should add coaches including offense and defensive coordinaters like in Madden.

ProjectRipCity 09-03-2008 07:35 PM

Also I would like to see a special teams coach. With attributes like in defense/offensive coverage...And the ability to block punts by slightly increasing the players speed and overall aggresiveness trying to block the kick. I have notice when I do a block kick...The players seem lazy...Unlike in real life they are really trying to go after that block.