Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Wait...so EA makes the game harder by cheating? (/forums/showthread.php?t=266950)

scarlet_knights 09-03-2008 08:55 PM

Wait...so EA makes the game harder by cheating?

Okay. Like most veterans of the game I play on Heisman with adjusted sliders to make the gameplay (somewhat) more realistic. After many games I've noticed that the CPU teams do sometimes adjust to your offensive gameplan, yet it is clearly sporadic.

But the cheating is what they make most obvious. They really don't give our mental capacity much credit.

-Your QB throwing behind receivers right to defenders

-CPU changing the ball on QB release altering trajectory to their benefit. (these balls almost ALWAYS get picked off even if INT sliders are 0) They make it so obvious its laughable.

-Breaking tackles like a 70mph freight train rolling through a tea cup. (This goes both ways sometimes affecting the User and CPU). there is something infinitely funny about making a human function like an unstoppable/irresistible force. Size also does not matter apparently. I've seen smaller players put 300 lb D-linemen on their backs on several occasions.

-CPU making slower players on their team ridiculously faster in certain situations to slow down your offense. C'mon EA. :nono:

-Your QB fumbling the ball...ermm...I mean...DROPPING the ball on even the lightest of hits whether his carry is as low 70 or as high as 99. It is usually comical when it happens since the ball just drops out of his hands. I will give it that though, haha.

These are things I can remember off the top of my head. This is not a complaint thread though, because I'm not one to whine. They're just a couple things I've observed and found quite disappointing.

Tovarich 09-03-2008 09:08 PM

Re: Wait...so EA makes the game harder by cheating?

yep, I've said it a few times on here. There's basically one game a season for me on average where I'm just not allowed to win. I've posted a few videos of the ball knuckling like a Tim Wakefield pitch into the AI's hands when it's an INT straight to me. On 3rd down and say 8, they'll throw a dumpoff pass to the RB, he's covered by a LB, he'll flatten my LB, my S will trip over air, and then I'll hit him with another guy 3 yards short of the 1st down line and he'll fall forward to pick it up by inches. These alleged improved curl zones by the D...I think they've gotten worse. If the AI calls a curl, it's an automatic TD. They break that tackle 100% of the time. WR Screen, the WR who blocks for them, will pancake like 6 guys at once and he'll walk into the end zone. The RB will just run into the line, and suck everyone in, then bounce outside and even though I have 6 guys on my D faster than him, he'll outrun me easily. My LB's let the ball fly 3 inches over their head and practically duck to get out of the way rather than try to make the easiest pick in the history of the world. If I ever get too far ahead, the AI will just return the kick for a TD. 95% of TD's I allow are 80 yards or so. No short ones, just a long play I have perfectly defended where they break 3 tackles. The AI is smarter on AA and whatever's right below that. With a bad team on that level, against a USC or something, they put together 12 play drives or so. It is blatant indeed.

BadAssHskr 09-03-2008 09:14 PM

i still say play heisman, take it for what it's worth. what do you expect exactly?

scarlet_knights 09-03-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAssHskr (Post 2038672710)
i still say play heisman, take it for what it's worth. what do you expect exactly?

I accept it for what it is since I cant do anything to change it. But, at the very least I expect a broken tackle to look like...a broken tackle.

SevenArmz 09-03-2008 10:21 PM

Man i had a play against FSU today that blew my mind. Dude caught some kind of short curl, broke 1st tackle from CB, then FS who is rate at like 95 ovr with hit pwr of 70 gets slung to the ground, LB dives and gets the little pit pat stiff arm to the ground and he is off to the races and no other player can catch him. Also im running a kick back with impact CB who has speed of 92 and he gets walked by a LB. Im like yeah they really dont want me to win this one!

merg311 09-04-2008 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tovarich (Post 2038672686)
yep, I've said it a few times on here. There's basically one game a season for me on average where I'm just not allowed to win.

This dates all the way back to Tecmo Bowl :)

Cardinal Nation 09-04-2008 06:00 AM

Yep, same problems. My 4-1 Cardinal were facing off against a 0-4 UCLA team, which had lost its starting QB, LT and SS to injury. Somehow, this scrub managed to light me up to the tune of 437 yards passing, and 83 yards rushing. Personal highlights include the 186lb running back doing that flip stiff arm animation to my 316lb DT, and the WR taking a screen pass on 4th and 20, and breaking 6 (yes, 6) tackles, including my star LB and my All-american strong safety. It was at this point that I resigned myself to the fact that I was not going to be alllowed to win

ProjectRipCity 09-04-2008 07:41 AM

I had something happen to me so I decided to post.

Jake Locker scrambles out of the pocket...My DT 310lb DT is closing in...He gets ran over as if he were 190lbs. Jake Locker then goes to the right...Out runs my line backers...Now in the secondary. He breaks the tackle of my starting cornerback then spins out of a tackle of my second corner back...Then he proceeds to my safeties. My FS and SS have him pinned...The SS arrives slightly before the FS...He then breaks the tackle...And somehow the FS falls over and he runs it for a 82 yard touchdown. I was not even mad...I was just laughing my butt off.