Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pure Demo Available, Impressions Here (/forums/showthread.php?t=267029)

Steve_OS 09-04-2008 11:13 AM

Pure Demo Available, Impressions Here

The Pure demo has been released, please download it and post your impressions here.

CS10029 09-04-2008 03:41 PM

Re: Pure Demo Available, Impressions Here

Got the demo for this from Gamestop a while ago. Played it yesterday for about 15 minutes. It's actually a pretty cool game. Good looking graphics. Not too bad of a control set up. A pretty easy to use trick/turbo set up. Awesome looking tracks that launch you extremely high in the air.

I would download it and give it a try it. Quite the sleeper of a game here.

ExtremeGamer 09-04-2008 04:40 PM

Yeah, I've had it about a week, I wasn't sure what to expect, came out of it loving the title.

CS10029 09-04-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer (Post 2038674957)
Yeah, I've had it about a week, I wasn't sure what to expect, came out of it loving the title.

Exactly. I saw the Disney marking and was expecting a craptastic game. Pretty fun, doubt people will really give it a chance though.

terpinheelland 09-04-2008 10:48 PM

I like it.
It reminds me of ATV Off Road Fury

RunN1st 09-05-2008 02:12 PM

I really enjoyed this one. I'm more of a sim racing fan but I had a blast last night.

goh 09-05-2008 06:08 PM

I like the freestyle aspects of this stuff a lot more than racing so I'm still kinda in between on it. Can't seem to hold tricks or cut them short or add in modifiers. Thought the graphics were fantastic. Nothing terribly bad about it but I don't think I'll buy it,rental for sure though. On a side note congrats to Wolfmother for being the first band to become overplayed solely by videogames.

lnin0 09-05-2008 06:37 PM

Looks great and a fun romp but I wouldn't probably consider rental material only. Just seemed like it would get a big shallow quick - simplistic trick controls, overly forgiving physics and a complete lack of AI - although strong net code might make up somewhat for that.