Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why aren't FG returns in returner's stats? (/forums/showthread.php?t=267035)

trayeight 09-04-2008 11:59 AM

Why aren't FG returns in returner's stats?

Why are these counted as fumble recoveries? I ran back two of them (108 and 105 yards), and since they are counted as fumble recoveries, they don't show up when they list the nation's top returners. I also ran back 1 KOR and 1 PR, but if it counted the FG returns, like anyone would in real life, he would walk away with the top returner award.

kestrel 09-04-2008 12:35 PM

Re: Why aren't FG returns in returner's stats?

I don't know, but they are counted in the stats; the game considers them fumble returns.

Now, if someone wants to open up the rulebook and verify that fumble returns are what they are supposed to be considered, that's fine; I don't want to.

trayeight 09-04-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trayeight (Post 2038674071)
Why are these counted as fumble recoveries?

^^ I know they are counted as fumble recoveries, but they don't factor into your return numbers when they calculate returner of the year. Remember when Devin Hester took back a FG 108 yards a couple of seasons ago, they would always say he had x amount of returns, including a FG return. I know that's the NFL, but it should be the same throughout football.

kestrel 09-04-2008 01:57 PM

Sorry, went back and added that first part...well, revised what I had originally written several minutes after starting my reply (was interrupted by a phone call). I guess what I was getting at was check the NCAA rule book, the answer might be in there.