Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Chicago Bears @ Indianapolis Colts (Sunday Night Football) (/forums/showthread.php?t=267457)

shugknight 09-07-2008 04:35 AM

Chicago Bears @ Indianapolis Colts (Sunday Night Football)

Chicago Bears 0-0

VS

Indianapolis Colts 0-0

The Colts slowed down by age and estrogen, come out looking weak to a Bears defense that's ready to pounce. 20-17 Bears. :google:

Jistic 09-07-2008 09:40 AM

Re: Chicago Bears @ Indianapolis Colts (Sunday Night Football)

Bears defense + Peyton Mannings rust + Kyle Orton and the dink and dunk offense keeps this close for a half 10-3 Colts at the break.

2nd half Manning gets his timing back, Kyle Orton continues his 3.5 yards per completion performance "managing the game", Colts 31-13.

bluengold34_OS 09-07-2008 09:57 AM

First Shug, that is one badass pic of the Bears leaving the tunnel.

Second, I have to go with Jistic on the this. I said in the Bears Den thread, I expect the final score to be

Colts 31
Bears 14

You can't ask the Bears defense to be on the field as much as I expect them to be tonight, and stop that offense all night long. We need to run a 2 TE set a lot, and hopefully Olson and Clark, along with Booker, Davis and or Hester, will give Kyle some options, and provide some much needed blocking.

Hopefully we can run up the middle as I don't see us getting around the ends with Freeney and Mathis as bookends. Their secondary, beside's Sanders and maybe Bethea, doesn't really scare me. The only problem is that they are going to be able to play up tight, almost the whole night.

Anyways, it's opening night, and we are on a National stage.................:woot:

ThreeKing 09-07-2008 10:24 AM

Jistic and Blue pretty much said what I feel, but I'm going to take a different stance just for the hell of it.

Bears 61
Colts 3

MVP talk for Kyle Orton will emerge. :woot:

bluengold34_OS 09-07-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreeKing (Post 2038682772)
Jistic and Blue pretty much said what I feel, but I'm going to take a different stace just for the hell of it.

Bears 61
Colts 3

MVP talk for Kyle Orton will emerge. :woot:

:spit:.....classic

eternal optimism from a Cubs fan...never, Hell, I am suprised you are not an Irish fan also.

DrDoom77 09-07-2008 10:59 AM

Much as I'd like the Bears to win, I don't see their suddenly-pathetic defense standing up to even a rusty Peyton Manning. Like Jistic said, I think it'll be close for awhile, but the Colts will eventually pull away. 31-17 is my final score.

And I feel so confident about this, I even picked the Colts for my suicide pool this week. Maybe, through some miracle, that'll come back to bite me. I wouldn't necessarily mind. ;)

ezekiel55 09-07-2008 11:15 AM

EVen w/ Peyton out all preseason, I dont see a good showing from the Bears.

The O-line is a hodge-podge, and the defense might be a little long in the tooth.

My prediction....

31-10....Colts

Bears_16_and_0 09-07-2008 11:17 AM

i had a dream that I was at a sports book and I was able to make a bet on Indy at -6! Then I woke up =( Anyways, I don't really see the Bears winning this game, but who knows?