Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Patriots @ Jets (/forums/showthread.php?t=268161)

elicoleman 09-11-2008 01:35 AM

Patriots @ Jets

Figured I'd get this thread underway.

With 3:15 kickoff, I'd imagine that this game will be the most watched of the late games with Favre playing his first home game, Cassel getting his first start since HS, etc etc.

I don't have a lot of pregame talk at the moment, I'm just pumped and ready to see how we do in the post Tom Brady era (aka 2008 season).

Good luck to the Jets fans, should be a fun week. Hope you guys will be posting during game time.

NYJets 09-11-2008 01:35 PM

Re: Patriots @ Jets

Might be the most anticipated Jets home opener since they opened against the Patriots in 99.

Hopefully a better result.

SPTO 09-11-2008 01:41 PM

I hate both teams but strangely enough i'll be watching and probably making comments here.

It'll be interesting to see how the Pats come out. I'm not talking about just results alone but rather body language when plays break down etc etc.

Should be a very game from an entertainment perspective at the very least.

CM Hooe 09-11-2008 01:42 PM

I'm interested to see both how Brett Favre does with his new team against a tougher defense than that of Miami, and also how New England will play sans Tom Brady. On paper one would think the Pats have an advantage at most of the skill positions, but the forced quarterback switch does create an interesting dynamic that the Jets could be the beneficiaries of.

Should be fun to watch.

elicoleman 09-11-2008 01:49 PM

I'll say this...

It feels weird being the underdog going into this game. As of last night, Jets were favored by 1.5

Jistic 09-11-2008 01:56 PM

I hope the Jets crush 'em. But why do I get the feeling they'll lose? I thought about betting this from both sides, and I don't feel good about either one.

I will be watching though.

SPTO 09-11-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jistic (Post 2038697900)
I hope the Jets crush 'em. But why do I get the feeling they'll lose? I thought about betting this from both sides, and I don't feel good about either one.

I will be watching though.

I'm surprised this game isn't "off the books".

therizing02 09-11-2008 02:00 PM

Patriots win easily.