Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Boxing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Fight Night Round 4 Sneak Peak (IGN) (/forums/showthread.php?t=268194)

Money99 09-11-2008 09:42 AM

Fight Night Round 4 Sneak Peak (IGN)

IGN has posted some information about Fight Night Round 4.

Quote:

"At the GameStop eXpo, store managers and executives were shown a number of titles behind closed doors that will be coming out at the tail end of 2008 and in 2009. One of the games highlighted by EA Sports was their upcoming boxing title, Fight Night: Round 4, which showcased some of the first in-game footage seen of the title. According to N'Gai Croal on his blog, the big terms thrown out to describe the title revolved around physics-based boxing, something called "R.E.A.L. A.I.," close up boxing that was more improved than that of Round 3, and height and reach differences between boxers."

ausar72 09-11-2008 11:55 AM

Sounds cool.

I really like the physics angle that they are trying to add.

And also I think the height an reach should be a REALLY big adtion.

I am still wondering if they are going to revamp the career mode though. It is long overdue.

Money99 09-11-2008 01:58 PM

Re: Fight Night Round 4 Sneak Peak (IGN)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ausar72 (Post 2038697517)
Sounds cool.

I really like the physics angle that they are trying to add.

And also I think the height an reach should be a REALLY big adtion.

I am still wondering if they are going to revamp the career mode though. It is long overdue.

AMEN!
Mulitple belts, training, rankings, hiring and firing of trainers, managers, promoters, etc.
Or even controlling a stable of fighters.
But I think we already have 1000 threads started discussing this very thing.

If EA only introduces diet and training I'll be a happy man. I'd love to bring a guy like Pacman through several weight classes winning several belts.

Pappy Knuckles 09-11-2008 02:37 PM

Lennox! Glad to see my boy in the game. He's got some grey in his hair now, I guess everyone gets older lol. 40 licensed boxers! That's definitely a step up from Round 3. I'm really excited for this one.

"How dare these boxers challenge me with their primitive skills? It makes me angry. They're just as good as dead." Iron Mike Tyson

Peace to the Champ!

HotSauce2k3 09-11-2008 04:37 PM

I'm hoping for Prince Naseem in the game but I doubt it.

Pappy Knuckles 09-11-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotSauce2k3 (Post 2038698418)
I'm hoping for Prince Naseem in the game but I doubt it.

No doubt! Last time I saw Prince he got fat as hell. He was an entertaining dude. While they're at it they need to throw in my boy Purnell Whitaker. I still say he beat De La Hoya!

slip3rman 09-11-2008 06:31 PM

In the early stages of this game, the talk is sounding good. Hopefully they make Round 4 seem more like boxing. The pace in ring needs to slow down a little, the punches need to be harder to get through, but more effective when they do, more clinching (hopefully their description of fighting inside will be representative of the differences between fighting inside and outside), better career mode (multiple belts and rankings are a MUST).

Hopefully some footage will be placed on their youtube channel.

Complex 09-11-2008 07:37 PM

PLEASE FIX THE CAREER MODE!!!