Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ncaa foorball 2k2 (dreamcast) (/forums/showthread.php?t=268761)

mAiLmAn 502 09-14-2008 02:47 PM

ncaa foorball 2k2 (dreamcast)

Does anyone have a clue why the 2k crew did not pursue the college route after losing the professional license to ea? this game was good, even though ladell betts owned it. But i mean when 2k got the baseball license ea went college baseball route, it was ok of a game just college baseball is not a popular sport. With the popularity of college football and the 2k following and ea's next gen mishaps, 2k coulda done locked up college football. Does anyone know if there were licensing issues or just a terrible decison on 2ks part. To me this is 2k's biggest missed oppurtunity. think if we had nfl 2k5 converted to ncaa 2k6 with all of 2ks extras and flair and the time they take on gameplay. then run it fo 4 years, ncaa 2k9.... i think we we woulda had our perfect 10 college game by now.

Dallasin2K3 09-14-2008 03:41 PM

Re: ncaa foorball 2k2 (dreamcast)

Truthfully, I don't think NCAA Football is very profitable compared to the NFL games. I think the pro sport franchises make the collegiate counterparts look like a drop in the bucket (financially).

I think that without a professional counterpart, it becomes too costly and not profitable enough to make a college game. Having Madden makes it easy for NCAA to be ported over instead of made from the ground up.

That said, I love college football, never miss a version, and rarely buy Madden, so I am with you on that one. Unfortunately I think that's the exception rather than the rule on the market though.

mAiLmAn 502 09-14-2008 10:56 PM

great point, i didnt think of that. but yea since ur makin maden f it throw in college

dizturbd 09-15-2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mAiLmAn 502 (Post 2038709498)
great point, i didnt think of that. but yea since ur makin maden f it throw in college

huh? grammar much?

bigjake62505 09-15-2008 09:48 AM

EA is the only company that can make a NCAA Football game. They bought that too. And they just got the NCAA Basketball license too. All these NFL and NCAA people want the exclusive licenses and EA buys them up. Can't blame them but it sure does suck for gamers.

mAiLmAn 502 09-15-2008 12:21 PM

i was wondering if the EA monster gobbled em up

mercalnd 09-15-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjake62505 (Post 2038710268)
EA is the only company that can make a NCAA Football game. They bought that too. And they just got the NCAA Basketball license too. All these NFL and NCAA people want the exclusive licenses and EA buys them up. Can't blame them but it sure does suck for gamers.

The NCAA Basketball part is not true. 2K did not renew their license but EA does not have an exclusive on that.

Sabin 09-15-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3 (Post 2038707546)
Truthfully, I don't think NCAA Football is very profitable compared to the NFL games. I think the pro sport franchises make the collegiate counterparts look like a drop in the bucket (financially).

While no sports games can compare with Madden, NCAA dominates the month of July and early august. North americans love football, and I wish 2k could provide another option for gamers.