Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   For new Fifa players and guys who want to expand their game... (/forums/showthread.php?t=269197)

BrianFifaFan 09-17-2008 04:41 AM

For new Fifa players and guys who want to expand their game...

I've had conversations with a few guys who are leaning toward buying Fifa for the first time this year, based on the demo and my shameless promotion of Fifa09 being the best football game EA has ever put out. :wink: As such there will be guys that really don't have a handle on all of the depth of control that 09 will offer. A guy named FifaSkills has posted a set of tutorial videos on YouTube which break down how to pull off every offensive move available. The are now 3 videos available covering everything from basic to advanced skills and also the juggling skills, most of which you'll never be able to pull off in any level beside amatuer, but man do they look cool!

So for the newest members of our Fifa community, as well as those who are looking to expand their Fifa game, here you go.... Oh yeah, expert that I am, not, I didn't know a full half of these moves and will be joining you guys in woodshedding in the arena practicing my hind-end off! Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDVJm0U_PFM&feature=user

BTW, after you watch the basic stuff, click on more vids from FifaSkills and the other two are there. Too lazy to paste all three links..

Hutton 09-17-2008 09:33 AM

Re: For new Fifa players and guys who want to expand their game...

Very nice. Someone with no stick skills like me really needs something like this to ever have shot at pulling off any moves.

Pared 09-17-2008 11:58 AM

Appreciate it. Thanks.

Boreez2000 09-18-2008 04:00 AM

Damn man, these are great and very helpful.
Much appreciated, just gotta try and remember them all now :)

BrianFifaFan 09-18-2008 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreez2000 (Post 2038719828)
Damn man, these are great and very helpful.
Much appreciated, just gotta try and remember them all now :)

Hit the arena! But seriously, I wish they had a "practice pitch" mode where you could work out the attacking and passing options in a full man setting. It's the best way to learn how to pull these moves off in a real time situation. Something I'm really hoping gets added for Fifa'10. But as to the moves themselves, I've found that the arena is the best place to really memorize these moves. I've got pretty much all of the basic moves down, and can pull about half of the advanced skill moves. I'm gonna get the rest down ASAP. Some of the juggling stuff would come in handy. Right now I can pull off the rainbow and elastico pretty much at will. The flip-flap would be a nice addition to the arsenal. And the sombrero flick could really be cool to add for wing play. I have a feeling that tricks are going to be even more imperative for success in online play with the improved responsiveness in player control.

But I'm trying to scour the YouTube scene for anything helpful like this to help provide some pointers for the guys who really want to up their game. These vids are excellent, but there are a number of other guys who provide excellent content in regards to gameplay tips. Keep checking back here, as I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to how the Fifa/PES presence if gonna grow on OS this season! Brian

madcap08 09-23-2008 03:26 PM

wow fifa sure has come along way in the last few years.

Pared 09-23-2008 04:05 PM

Brian using those mod powers... I saw that deleted post there buddy! ;)

BrianFifaFan 09-23-2008 04:13 PM

http://<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDVJm0U_PFM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDVJm0U_PFM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>