Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   JOSH- PLAYCALLING (HC/OC/DC) (/forums/showthread.php?t=269744)

claystone 09-20-2008 06:35 PM

JOSH- PLAYCALLING (HC/OC/DC)

Josh, I have a handle on the rest of the game except "playcalling". It seems I can't get my head around this part of the game. I need you to elaberate on my questions.

I don't call any of my plays. I let my OC/DC call the plays.

1. My OC is a maximum level 2 in playcalling. Can he go any higher in levels later on in his career, or is level 2 the most he will achieve?

(I asked this question because this tells me I would need to hire another OC if his maximum playcalling is level 2.)

2. Since my OC can only max out at level 2 on playcalling, is his playcalling going to be eratic and sub par play calling?

3. My Head Coach (me) is a level 5 in playcalling. What effect does my playcalling have on my OC/DC? Does having a level 5 also make my OC/DC a level 5 in playcalling?

4. Do I need to apply playcalling points to asst. coaches? I figured i didn't need to since they don't call plays.

Josh, I need your help in really explaining this part so i'm not guessing. I what to get the full impact of the game, but i can't if i don't know how this was intended.

Thanks.

kcarr 09-20-2008 10:49 PM

Re: JOSH- PLAYCALLING (HC/OC/DC)

Quote:

Originally Posted by claystone (Post 2038727848)
Josh, I have a handle on the rest of the game except "playcalling". It seems I can't get my head around this part of the game. I need you to elaberate on my questions.

1. My OC is a maximum level 2 in playcalling. Can he go any higher in levels later on in his career, or is level 2 the most he will achieve?

(I asked this question because this tells me I would need to hire another OC if his maximum playcalling is level 2.)

2. Since my OC can only max out at level 2 on playcalling, is his playcalling going to be eratic and sub par play calling?

3. My Head Coach (me) is a level 5 in playcalling. What effect does my playcalling have on my OC/DC? Does having a level 5 also make my OC/DC a level 5 in playcalling?

4. Do I need to apply playcalling points to asst. coaches? I figured i didn't need to since they don't call plays.

Josh, I need your help in really explaining this part so i'm not guessing. I what to get the full impact of the game, but i can't if i don't know how this was intended.

Thanks.

1. Yes, that is his max level.
2. Not sure on this one since I call my own plays, but I would guess so.
3. Seeing as there are special skill the coach can get to raise their playcalling, I would guess that your actual playcalling probably doesnt effect theirs. Therefor, if you want them to call plays you should get ones who can call good plays, if you call the plays yourself, it probably doesnt matter
4. The only time I could see an assistant calling plays is if they get promoted, unless you plan on promoting, I wouldnt worry about it

wigs 09-21-2008 09:12 AM

Doesn't the playcalling skill add to the coach's skill bonus bar you see before each play is run?

I think it does.

claystone 09-21-2008 04:50 PM

Josh:

Can we get an answer on my questions i'm asking. Thanks.

Kcarr, thanks for your answer, but i like to hear it from the developers since they designed this game.

claystone 09-22-2008 04:18 PM

bump...

Need an answer on this.

Thank

Coredor 09-23-2008 02:41 AM

I call my own plays but this may be helpful. If you go to your team philosophies tab or whatever it's called you can change who calls the play. If your playcalling is high you can simply assing it to head coach calls plays and if I understand it correctly if you default to the AI it will use your skill not he coordinator's. I could be wrong though.

Josh_Looman 09-23-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claystone (Post 2038727848)

Two is the highest he'll achieve.

It won't be great.

That doesn't really have much of an effect on your team. That's used if a head coach is fired and he becomes a coordinator of another team.

If you ever plan on promoting them, you'll need them to be ready. If not, no.

Thanks.

Answers in red above.

MeSlayer 09-23-2008 10:55 AM

oh wow, thats surprising

your created HC playcalling ability doesnt matter? whoops!