Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Monday Patch Info from EA (/forums/showthread.php?t=269957)

boooey 09-22-2008 10:20 AM

Monday Patch Info from EA

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....38633&tstart=0

Quote:

Originally Posted by fillycheeze
Morning everyone,

After a bit of a misfire on Friday, we're going to get the patch discussions going again today (Monday, 9/22). I've read several different types of chatter in the last 24 hours so I wanted to get some answers out there.

Q: If the patch is done, why couldn't it be released over the weekend?
A: Sony and MS have regular patch release windows that they use. Weekend days aren't a part of this window. Our patch was 'approved' very late Friday and missed the opportunity to make Friday night's window.

Q: Is the patch out in Europe?
A: Not sure, I'm making some calls to find out if this is the case. It's certainly possible. The patch was 100% approved on Friday so various parts of Sony might have seen this and released it.

Q: So when is the patch coming?
A: We're hoping late tonight. Expect it very late tonight. As soon as I have a time confirmed from Sony & MS, I'll post it here.

I'll update this thread in 4 to 5 hours once my friends on the west coash have had a chance to catch up.

Phil

Tecahl 09-22-2008 10:26 AM

Re: Monday Patch Info from EA

I just fail to understand why this "window" Microsoft uses cannot include weekends but can utilize useless late-night hours.

jlfarris 09-22-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecahl (Post 2038732834)
I just fail to understand why this "window" Microsoft uses cannot include weekends but can utilize useless late-night hours.

While I was disappointed that the patch wasn't out for the weekend, I can understand it as a developer. Frankly, I won't put an update out on the weekend unless there is absolutely no way I can get out of it. I don't like the nervous feeling when you put out something before a weekend in case it blows up, and I'm pretty sure that the MS folks are no different. It's better to get it out when you have personnel in the office to take care of questions, or when you will have them in there in a matter of hours (like overnight on a Monday, for example).

boooey 09-22-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecahl (Post 2038732834)

I agree.. I work in the IT field, and generally any changes or rollouts are done preferably on weekends, because if there is an impact.. it would be minimal.
It sounds like they just don't want to come in and work weekends.

And Europe got the patch first. LOL.. Us lazy Americans are still sleeping i guess.. :(

countryboy 09-22-2008 10:32 AM

thanks for the update boooey. :cheers:

Brandwin 09-22-2008 10:36 AM

It's not going to be out until "LATE" tonight? What takes so long?

Matrix-Monkey 09-22-2008 10:39 AM

They want to do it on off hours because it kicks everyone off the servers when the patch gets triggered.

Derty PuDge 09-22-2008 10:44 AM

so when the patch comes out will my players progress based on there stats i'm in the wild card weekend. or will i have to start all over?