Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   How do you want me to handle future roster updates? (/forums/showthread.php?t=270215)

Josh_Looman 09-23-2008 03:09 PM

How do you want me to handle future roster updates?

Let me know.

SloeyEZ 09-23-2008 03:12 PM

Re: How do you want me to handle future roster updates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh_Looman (Post 2038737776)
Let me know.

Perhaps I'm ignorant, but I don't understand the purpose of roster updates in a game like HC.

We have the rosters for opening day, beyond that once we begin a career rosters are not going to be congruent with the NFL anyway, so why have roster updates?

delusional 09-23-2008 03:13 PM

2 or 3 a year?
I think it is pointless to really have one every week. Yet going every couple weeks could be something different. I do agree with the above poster. This game was more or less about opening day rosters. That was the main focus considering you are the coach, you make the moves.

Yet you still have those out there that would like updated rosters but i dont see a need to pump them out all year/

Maybe week 5, 10, 15? or weeks 8 and 16?

Overall for opening day rosters, I guess if you are able to go back to week 1 in the nfl and get the rosters correct in that sense for opening day, for a update that is a good thing. Maybe a ratings tweak because there were some lowly rated players that shouldn't have been.

Josh_Looman 09-23-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SloeyEZ (Post 2038737791)
Perhaps I'm ignorant, but I don't understand the purpose of roster updates in a game like HC.

We have the rosters for opening day, beyond that once we begin a career rosters are not going to be congruent with the NFL anyway, so why have roster updates?

They're strictly for people wanting to start a new career, which a lot of you may want to do now that the patch is out.

SloeyEZ 09-23-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh_Looman (Post 2038737798)
They're strictly for people wanting to start a new career, which a lot of you may want to do now that the patch is out.

gotcha, and I may be in the minority...but I wouldn't even want my player's attributes updated because if I'm not mistaken, our careers are updating rosters based on performance correct?

So, an update nothing vote for me.

JoeMimic 09-23-2008 03:17 PM

Depends on the boost you're giving JT O'Sullivan :-D. I know you don't want to mess with injuries but I don't think any 49er fan would care if you decided to place Alexa Smith on the IR for us :-D Or drop his shoulder rating to 0.

It's nice to have both an opening day roster and an updated one but hmm I guess I'll go with the 2nd one. Either works.

delusional 09-23-2008 03:21 PM

Yea a ratings tweak for some players for opening day rosters with some depth chart adjustments to reflect the actual week 1 rosters ( might have to delete some of those practice squad type guys or redo some ratings.

Not a option for that so i went with ratings tweak.

SloeyEZ 09-23-2008 03:28 PM

I understand what you guys are saying about ratings tweaks to reflect what has happened so far in the NFL season. I'm just not sure at what point do you say, this is the start of HeadCoach and everything hereafter is a simulator. When do you stop updating and have your career grow as a simulation?

Kinda off-topic I know, but just curious if anyone would like to educate me on how to decide when to stop updating the players based on real life vs simulation.