Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Online Dynasty Change of Jobs (/forums/showthread.php?t=270367)

Bumble14 09-24-2008 10:53 AM

Online Dynasty Change of Jobs

Hey All,

I was just wondering the following:

I have an online dynasty going with one of my buddies and we are having a blast. We would like to have the ability to receive job offers though, and I know that is not possible in online dynasty's? I have heard there is a work around (taking the dynasty offline right after the bowl games?), but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on how to do this? I want to make sure both him and I can receive offers, and choose our respective teams.

Also, in online dynasty's can you be invited to larger conferences?

Thanks.

Maxattax3 09-24-2008 12:39 PM

Re: Online Dynasty Change of Jobs

no you cant get offers in Online Dynasty. I dont understand why OD cant be exactly like a normal dynasty... and as for your first question. Ive never done this but ive talked about it with the commish in one of my OD's. The only real drawback in doing that is your coach record is reset, and your integrity is also reset. If you dont care about those things, apparently taking it offline and having the commish do it all himself works fine. Just make sure the comm. knows exactly what you want him to do.

jobalo85 09-24-2008 06:02 PM

What you have to do is play all the bowl games up to the Championship game Week (DO NOT SIM THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP) and then save the dynasty offline.

Once the dynasty is offline, hopefully nobody made it to the NC game and you can sim it offline. After you sim, everyone should get job offers if they did well enough...call everybody and take or keep a job, then advance to the offseason. Have everyone retire from the current league and upload your offline save file to the new league and invite everyone to their new teams. This work-a-round occasionally works for conference offers too.

The only side effect will be that your coaching integrity gets reset and you'll have to re-unlock promises that you make to players.

Another work-around is what I did in one online dynasty was to take the worst teams in conferences and throw them into a hat and choose users to pick out of a hat and those were their job offers. Just an idea.

Bumble14 09-25-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobalo85 (Post 2038741908)
What you have to do is play all the bowl games up to the Championship game Week (DO NOT SIM THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP) and then save the dynasty offline.

Once the dynasty is offline, hopefully nobody made it to the NC game and you can sim it offline. After you sim, everyone should get job offers if they did well enough...call everybody and take or keep a job, then advance to the offseason. Have everyone retire from the current league and upload your offline save file to the new league and invite everyone to their new teams. This work-a-round occasionally works for conference offers too.

The only side effect will be that your coaching integrity gets reset and you'll have to re-unlock promises that you make to players.

Another work-around is what I did in one online dynasty was to take the worst teams in conferences and throw them into a hat and choose users to pick out of a hat and those were their job offers. Just an idea.

Is there any way to keep the dynasty online, have everyone retire-including the commish- and then pick new teams? Will this re-set the prestige and coaching records? Is it possible for the commish to get on a new team without closing the dynasty?

worldwearyeyes 09-25-2008 11:34 AM

This is the worst news I've heard this week, and that includes the economic meltdown Bush talked about last night.