Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How do you play defense? Honestly? (/forums/showthread.php?t=270518)

Bigfoot_2060 09-25-2008 01:32 AM

How do you play defense? Honestly?

So I found myself playing NCAA Online last night. I was Ohio State and I played two games. One against someone who was 5-12 playing as Florida. The other someone 11-15 playing as Clemson. Each time, I could move the ball consistently on on offense, but defensively I couldn't stop a thing. I don't understand it? Every other team I've played, there front four get pressure. For me, my front four NEVER get through. So I have to blitz all the time, and they complete passes. And whats with #8 from Florida? The Dlineman? Is he God? He has at least 99 spead and chased beanie wells down from behind. One play he just went straight through my player and made the tackle in the back field? Does this happen to anyone else, or am I just that unlucky? Or is Ohio State JUST that terrible? Anyone have any tips or ANYTHING? I can't play untill I get a new controler.. I've busted mine from the aggitation that NCAA 09 brings to me. I honestly hate this game so much some times.... much help, what do you guys do on d?

gbx34 09-25-2008 01:48 AM

Re: How do you play defense? Honestly?

osu obv, how do you not play good d with them?

if you want cover something do it manually.

Brankles 09-25-2008 01:56 AM

#8 Carlos Dunlap just F's B's up, son

I just don't even bother blitzing, unless it's a corner blitz, and I try to play confusing coverages in the flats and across the short middle of the field. Playing against teams like UF (Harvin and all the other 94+ speed guys) and Clemson (CJ Spiller, fast as crap) you just have to cut off the short passing game, because one or two broken tackles, and they can take it to the house.

I take my chances forcing the other teams to run the ball and make mid to long-range passes. Tight zone coverage is the way to go for me.

Young J 334 09-25-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfoot_2060 (Post 2038743294)
So I found myself playing NCAA Online last night. I was Ohio State and I played two games. One against someone who was 5-12 playing as Florida. The other someone 11-15 playing as Clemson. Each time, I could move the ball consistently on on offense, but defensively I couldn't stop a thing. I don't understand it? Every other team I've played, there front four get pressure. For me, my front four NEVER get through. So I have to blitz all the time, and they complete passes. And whats with #8 from Florida? The Dlineman? Is he God? He has at least 99 spead and chased beanie wells down from behind. One play he just went straight through my player and made the tackle in the back field? Does this happen to anyone else, or am I just that unlucky? Or is Ohio State JUST that terrible? Anyone have any tips or ANYTHING? I can't play untill I get a new controler.. I've busted mine from the aggitation that NCAA 09 brings to me. I honestly hate this game so much some times.... much help, what do you guys do on d?

4-2-5 and 3-3-5 zone coverages are your best bet imo. when i play a sim type player with a good overall record those are my main 2 packages and the defense will fair pretty well if u manually control a lb or safety over the middle of the field and force guys to throw 20+ yards. 4-2-5 is better against the run though. 3-3-5 will put more speed on the field