Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Guide to changing positions? (/forums/showthread.php?t=270749)

beeneeb 09-26-2008 10:28 AM

Guide to changing positions?

At the end of the season, what "rule of thumb" do you use for changing a player's position? When I finished my season with Cal, I had recruited 4 ATH's and didn't really know where to put them. In most cases, their best transition was to CB or SS. However, I changed one guy over to MLB because I didn't have any young guys in that position.

TheShizNo1 09-26-2008 11:35 AM

Re: Guide to changing positions?

Best athletes on defense. Unless I find a DB w/ good catching. Then he will usually be my slot WR

jdrhammer 09-26-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshiznetno1 (Post 2038748527)
Best athletes on defense. Unless I find a DB w/ good catching. Then he will usually be my slot WR

I don't know why but the ATH's I've had that I placed at FS seemed to stand out over their careers more than any others.

kestrel 09-26-2008 12:47 PM

As far as ATHs go, I start out by changing them to their best ovr rated position.

Then, in positions where I have an abundance of players, I try to find better positions for those lower rated players. For instance, I usually come away with 10 or more WRs after recruiting, so I'll go through their ratings and see if any of them would remain on my team at a different position (because they rate higher than players already at that position)--I've come away with some pretty good TEs, LBs, DEs, and CBs this way.