Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   ReBirth ReRated Rosters for PS3 using Scouts Inc, SF 2008, Pro Football Prospectus (/forums/showthread.php?t=270758)

Da Rebirth 09-26-2008 11:28 AM

ReBirth ReRated Rosters for PS3 using Scouts Inc, SF 2008, Pro Football Prospectus

5 Attachment(s)
This roster set (based off EA Update#3) contains players re-rated using Scouts. Inc scouting analysis (I actually read each profile to give each player an individual "personality"), cross referenced using metrics from KC Joyner's Scientific Football 2008 and adjusted for Madden 09. After these steps were taken, information from Pro Football Prospectus 2008 was used to add further objective insight to each team for the editing process. Performance from the first 3 weeks of the actual NFL season was taken into consideration for attribute tuning, and prospective "breakout candidates" listed from the Pro Football Prospectus were given slight boosts as well.

This type of roster set is not for everyone (especially if you favor a team in which an offensive guard is the top player, and I'm not talking about the Vikings), and there will not be subsequent updates. Numerical changes weren't made, some CAPs created, and some positions were changed. Depth charts were edited using espn.com, localsports, and in matters of discrepancy the official team website. Latest moves were removing Scott Starks from the Jags depth chart, and replacing Ryan Fowler with Stephen Tulloch for Tenn. Teams with TE's that function as WR's have been placed in the 4th WR spot also (enables their recieving stats to approximate to realistic levels, pic included).

Adjustments were made with gameplay taking precendent, but with a conscious thought towards simulation results, meaning that although I believe that a veteran WR such as Issac Bruce has more AWR (real life) than Brandon Marshall, it appears that AWR leads to higher simulated stats therefore Marshall is given a higher AWR.

Stamina was reduced drastically for HBs, Slot WRs, and D-Linemen in an attempt to affect gameplay (Does NOT affect simulation). This hasn't been tested extensively in gameplay, other than a HB with 40 Stamina can rush for about 6-7 consecutive times before departing for a play or two (99/100 Auto Sub). Probably a waste of time, but since I edited 98% of the league I did it anyway.

Players noted for special teams play were give higher than expected Tackle and pursuit ratings (Tyree, Osgood)

Rating scale: 98-94 Elite 93-89 Outstanding 88-84 Good Starter 83-78 Average 77-74 Good Backup 73-69 Sub-par Backup

Pictures showing an example of the ratings translation, TE recieving stats in a simulated season,

32 Team Franchise File (RBBase1301)

Pre-Season Wk 1: Adjust Settings to your personal preference.
*Contract data updated according to Stealthshot's (sp) post from the easports forums (due to cap space, not all changes could be made).
*Draft Pick Trades updated according to memory. :-)
*Formation substitutions made for all teams. Areas of focus included HB assignment/Goalline Backs, Situational Pass Rushers, 3-4 Ted Linebackers, SE/FL position assignment (Each team's "best" WR is #1 on the Depth Chart which may not correspond to their primary position on the field. Slot WR's were placed in the slot)... "Roy Williams to the bench on passing downs" formation (LoL)
*Pre-existing Injuries On...Sim Injuries and Injuries OFF until week 3 of the regular season has passed (just a suggestion).

RBBaseNS has everything listed above except for "Formation substitutions made for all teams".

NCAA Draft Classes from 2009 through 2016. Actual recruits (through 2011) listed in the Scouts.com database were created. Most of the known committed prospects for 2009/2010 were placed on their committed teams. Numbers were NOT edited in accordance with NFL rules.
Attachment 10699

Post #19 of this thread contains the Team Overall, Offense, Defense, and Special Team Rankings after Re-Rating.

Da Rebirth 09-26-2008 11:33 AM

Re: ReBirth ReRated Rosters for PS3 using Scouts Inc, SF 2008, Pro Football Prospectu

5 Attachment(s)
Additional pictures of how the top 6 at each position turned out. :cheers:

Attachment 10700

Attachment 10701

Attachment 10702

Attachment 10703

Attachment 10704

jughead10 09-26-2008 11:39 AM

Re: ReBirth ReRated Rosters for PS3 using Scouts Inc, SF 2008, Pro Football Prospectu

How does one edit formation substitutions in franchise mode. I've been looking for how to do that and I think it is right under my nose and I can't find it.

gabs485 09-26-2008 02:15 PM

This is great!
How can I get this in my 360?

Da Rebirth 09-26-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabs485 (Post 2038748994)
This is great!
How can I get this in my 360?

Unfortunately, I have no clue. I don't own a 360, but I believe I read another post about someone doing something similiar. Maybe that will be for the 360.

theotherguy619 09-26-2008 03:10 PM

Thank you for taking the time to re-edit players. Madden overrated everybody.

Tre74 09-26-2008 03:58 PM

thats wats up fam. Dis look like da real deal. I wanted to do it myself but i aint got da time or da patience. good lookin doe.

Tre74 09-26-2008 04:12 PM

did you rerate da draft classes?