Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Holding Penalty Broken too now? (/forums/showthread.php?t=271020)

boooey 09-27-2008 10:31 PM

Holding Penalty Broken too now?

Ever since Patch#2 I have been getting more holding penalties, which is fine, i kinda like it.

But now I have seen at least 5 times already where the offensive holding penalty is not assessed 10 from the line of scrimmage, but from the end of the run or pass.

So, instead of 1st & 20, on a 8 yard run play.. the holding penalty now makes it 1st & 12.

WTF is this?

man, I really wanna like this game in the worst way, but the endless amount of bugs just continue to mount and frustrate me with this game..

mikeacard 09-27-2008 10:54 PM

Re: Holding Penalty Broken too now?

penalties are from the spot of the foul so on plays like that the hold happened upfield

roadman 09-27-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeacard (Post 2038753708)
penalties are from the spot of the foul so on plays like that the hold happened upfield

That is correct.

boooey 09-27-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeacard (Post 2038753708)

I am gonna have to watch closely and see if i can tell where they are calling holding to make sure this isn't another bug..

this seems to be happening way too much in my games, and mostly on basic run plays where any holding upfield is like almost never seen in real games.

MJenness 09-27-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boooey (Post 2038753732)
I am gonna have to watch closely and see if i can tell where they are calling holding to make sure this isn't another bug..

this seems to be happening way too much in my games, and mostly on basic run plays where any holding upfield is like almost never seen in real games.

Well, if it anything like the facemask penalty, you will NOT see an infraction.....might see an animation for the facemask (like the guys head appearing to turn to the side) but when you watch the replay, the defender does not actually grab the facemask at ell.

icomb1ne 09-28-2008 12:16 PM

I just hate how the hold penalty usually happens at the VERY end of a play.

steelersfan7 09-28-2008 01:19 PM

I wish there were more than just holding and false starts called. They should have upped everything. I love it now though that the CPU gets called for false starts. :)

d_max 09-28-2008 02:38 PM

Since the patch, I've gotten other penalties too that I didn't see prior... such as clipping on a kick return.