Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why are some plays not reviewable (/forums/showthread.php?t=271238)

fistofrage 09-29-2008 11:53 AM

Why are some plays not reviewable

Lately I have had a few fumbles that appeared the runner was down. The booth didn't review it so I went to and the option wasn't available for review.

This occured with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the 2nd play of the game so it wasn't inside 2 minutes or anything. Pretty sad because they both had a huge impact on the game.

Solidice 09-29-2008 11:56 AM

Re: Why are some plays not reviewable

it really sucks in OT. if you fumble and the other team falls on it, there will not be any review, regardless if you were down or not. I've lost a few games that way in '09 and '08.

rudyjuly2 09-29-2008 11:59 AM

I've seen some calls overturned this year that were correct in the first place. I've also seen some reviews questioning the catch when the ball flew out of bounds and the refs ruled it incomplete. Why was there even a review? Definitely some spotty programming with the reviews.

Andrews85 09-29-2008 12:36 PM

I had a fumble on my final drive of the game against #3 Penn St. in week 16 of my PITT dynasty. I was ranked #4, so whoever won was pretty much was in the NC.
I was down 30-38 with 32 seconds left on PSU's 5 yrd line trying to punch it in and make the 2 point conversion and tie the game but my FB fumbled and PSU recovered. I thought the booth would challenge, but they didnt and I could do it myself. I'm almost 100% sure that my FB was down and no review. It cost me the rivalry game and the NC.
Ive never been that upset over a video game lol.

NE_Passat'n 09-29-2008 01:13 PM

did you already select the next play? i thought i was having the problem of not being able to review a call, and i think it was because i selected the next play on the play calling screen, waiting to see if the booth was going to review and then paused it and tried to have it reviewed...

When i would pause during the playcalling screen i would be able to review the call... But yeah, it's got a lot of bugs,and annoyances... Reviewable irrelavant plays, getting the call wrong and such

stewaat 09-29-2008 01:16 PM

The review system is terrible to put it kindly. The worst is when a dropped pass is reviewed to see if he caught it or not. The ball can go straight through their hands but they go into that sliding animation and they review the catch. They might as well just have every call be perfect and take out the replay system because it's pointless as is.

hoots711 09-29-2008 01:22 PM

reviews are another thing that if arnt going to be done right should be taken out of the game.

At the very least there should be a way to skip over the review. It is frustrating watching 3--4 different angles of the most obvious out of bounds or fumble calls.

Also... evey coach in the world sees replays on the big screen before they use a challenge. Why does using instant replay void that chance? That really isnt the issue either...

I see it this way... Reviews are fluff. The cpu code knows if it was a fumble or not 100% of the time, or if players are in/out bounds. The review actually isnt reviewing anything at all. It is 100% fluff.

Get rid of the reviews, makes calls on the field 100% accurate. Call it unrealistic if you want but I have a feeling the game SPECIFICALLY creates fumbles or close plays to show off the fluff review system.

Andrews85 09-29-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NE_Passat'n (Post 2038758851)
did you already select the next play? i thought i was having the problem of not being able to review a call, and i think it was because i selected the next play on the play calling screen, waiting to see if the booth was going to review and then paused it and tried to have it reviewed...

When i would pause during the play calling screen i would be able to review the call... But yeah, it's got a lot of bugs,and annoyances... Reviewable irrelavant plays, getting the call wrong and such

No, I definitely waited as long as I could. I let the "call your play now" go to 0, and still couldnt review it. But it was under 2 mins so it didnt matter anyways.