Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Confessions of an Unabashed Replay Addict (/forums/showthread.php?t=271355)

RaychelSnr 09-29-2008 09:31 PM

Confessions of an Unabashed Replay Addict

Some gamers have a syndrome which involves watching an absurd amount of replays during the course of a game. Many people find this habit annoying, but Bryan Estrella wants to point out he is one of the replay addicts. In fact, he has written a bit of a confessional in his article, Confessions of an Unabashed Replay Addict.

Quote:

"Have you ever played one of those annoying guys that constantly pauses the game to watch his latest play? Well, I’ve got news for you: I’m one of those guys. But I don’t do it to be a pest, honest. I just love to watch replays. Here's why."

battousaiken55 09-29-2008 09:45 PM

You're not alone. I play the NBA 2K series on 12 minute quarters, but a single game takes me about three hours, since I spend 1 hour gaming and 2 hours watching replays.

Ty 09-29-2008 10:18 PM

I love to slow replays down and just see the detail also. It is really cool to see how lifelike and how much detail there is in the game. In NBA 2k8 and other 2k basketball games on the 360, I would just watch the jerseys when someone shot to see it fly around and move. So cool.

J-Unit40 09-29-2008 10:34 PM

I am just as much of a replay junkie as you guys are. I spend way too much time getting the right angle on a still shot in NCAA Football, as well as the replays. NBA2K is no different. I can only imagine 2K9. I can't wait to get stuck on the replay menu.

LingeringRegime 09-30-2008 12:31 AM

I am happy you mentioned APF in this article. This is the most underrated sports game in video game history. I hit a game winning field goal, and I was amazed at the reaction on the sidelines of the players and coaches alike.

Dalsanto0026 09-30-2008 06:36 AM

I am also a big fan of replays. I enjoy creating my own top 10 plays in NBA2K8 and find myself marvelling at the animations of the players.

Why doesn't NHL08 have a save replay feature?

bullfan#1 09-30-2008 07:03 AM

WELL I WATCH THE REPLAYS ON WHEN SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENDS... AND I DO AGREE APF IS THE MOST UNDERATED SPORTS GAME...

ShaolinSteez 09-30-2008 04:24 PM

I have to thank the 2K series for spoiling me with great replays. NFL2K on the Dreamcast got me hooked on free roaming, precise analog control replays.