Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   position changes (/forums/showthread.php?t=271879)

MR.RANDOM 10-02-2008 06:42 PM

position changes

can i move adam archuleta back to safty he is a lolb in the last roster update

sixtydashone 10-02-2008 07:00 PM

Re: position changes

I would think you should be able to do it if you go to your roster and select him and select "edit". I know you can move people around to different positions to some extent, though there are some limitations.

MR.RANDOM 10-02-2008 08:42 PM

for some reason i cant so i just use him there in the depth chart

d_max 10-02-2008 09:20 PM

He was a linebacker for such a short period of time, and before the season even started right? I didn't expect that to make the roster update. I heard he did a rather poor job and the team cut him.

slingblade73 10-03-2008 09:51 AM

I could not move a TE to an OL position. I thought we were past all this not being able to move people where you wanted them.

Kingfish 10-03-2008 10:17 AM

I personally don't like the restrictions on player movement...or the limitations of number changes as well...BUT...I can understand the use of these limitations inside the game framework.

I really would like to change a useless G over to a decent DT but i can't. I would like to move a G over to C and NOT loose his number that he's worn for 6 seasons.

But all this is very minor...I can place anyone in the depth chart I want...heck I had my punter as my 3rd string HB when injuries decimated my roster pre-patch...so, that will do for me.

MeSlayer 10-03-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingfish (Post 2038773265)
I personally don't like the restrictions on player movement...or the limitations of number changes as well...BUT...I can understand the use of these limitations inside the game framework.

I really would like to change a useless G over to a decent DT but i can't. I would like to move a G over to C and NOT loose his number that he's worn for 6 seasons.

But all this is very minor...I can place anyone in the depth chart I want...heck I had my punter as my 3rd string HB when injuries decimated my roster pre-patch...so, that will do for me.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the limitations are to keep the CPU teams from doing really weird things with their rosters

But it does rather hamstring things. The weird thing about numbers is that running a 3-4 I have typically 8-9 LBs on the roster depending on if I have a nancy-LB who is always injured. But the game only allows 50-59 for LBs and Centers! The weird thing is, with all but one of my 50-59 numbers used up, it let me change one of my OLBs who had a 50s number to a number in the 90s range. So I guess there is some sort of "outlet" where if you have all the numbers used up it lets you change. But I really dont understand the restrictions on it : o

The only reason its kind of an issue for me is because a few years into my dyansty its not uncommon for me to remember who is CB #3 and who is CB #4, so I give them #s that equate in my mind their position on the depth chart for easy identification for who made that play

Obelysk 10-03-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeSlayer (Post 2038773417)
The only thing that makes sense to me is that the limitations are to keep the CPU teams from doing really weird things with their rosters

But it does rather hamstring things. The weird thing about numbers is that running a 3-4 I have typically 8-9 LBs on the roster depending on if I have a nancy-LB who is always injured. But the game only allows 50-59 for LBs and Centers! The weird thing is, with all but one of my 50-59 numbers used up, it let me change one of my OLBs who had a 50s number to a number in the 90s range. So I guess there is some sort of "outlet" where if you have all the numbers used up it lets you change. But I really dont understand the restrictions on it : o

The only reason its kind of an issue for me is because a few years into my dyansty its not uncommon for me to remember who is CB #3 and who is CB #4, so I give them #s that equate in my mind their position on the depth chart for easy identification for who made that play

The limitation are those of the NFL. Linebackers are indeed given numbers 50-59 and 90-99 as alternatives. Its Rule 5, Section 3, Article 3c

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/in...ts/0-jers-nums

The only issue I have with this though is that there are players that change positions and keep their numbers. Example: Devin Hester was drafted originally as a CB and thus given number 23, but now he plays WR but he kept his number. There are like 5 other players that have done the same as well.