Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   MNF: Vikings @ Saints (/forums/showthread.php?t=271947)

Flyboy 10-02-2008 11:54 PM

MNF: Vikings @ Saints

Plz stop/contain Adrian Peterson and win.

kkthxbi

chadskee 10-02-2008 11:59 PM

Re: MNF: Vikings @ Saints

Please fire Brad Childress.

kkthxbi

bergie56 10-03-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy (Post 2038772282)
Plz stop/contain Adrian Peterson and win.

kkthxbi

It doesn't matter as we'll blow the game no matter what. Drew Brees will have a field day against us and your defense will destroy our passing game. Even if we screw up and have a lead, our wonderful head coach will do something to help you win the game.

snepp 10-03-2008 10:30 AM

<------------- a significant disadvantage for the Vikings

jmood88 10-03-2008 10:48 AM

The Vikings have been talking alot of **** lately:

Quote:

The Vikings' sack drought isn't likely to end Monday night at New Orleans.

But Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams said that won't affect his unit's goal of rattling Drew Brees, who leads the NFL with 1,343 passing yards and a 72.3 percent completion percentage.

"He won't take any sacks," Williams said. "You got to give him all the credit. He's like Brett Favre and Peyton Manning. He's not going to let you just pound his (butt).

"But we got to get pressure," Williams said. "I don't care if he throws it out of bounds, or dink or dunk it."

Besides, Williams said, that Brees has been sacked only four times, the fifth-lowest total in the league, is not necessarily a credit to a dominant offensive line. Last season, Brees was sacked a league-low 16 times.

"He's just getting rid of the ball," Williams said. "They've got an average line.

"I've seen better."

The always colorful and candid Williams wasn't impressed with the play of rookie Carl Nicks, a fifth-round draft pick who started at left guard Sunday in place of Jamar Nesbit, who was suspended four games for violating the league's steroids and related substances policy.

"They don't scare me," Williams said of the Saints' offensive line. "They put their pants on like I put my pants on."
Quote:

EDEN PRAIRE, Minn. -- Minnesota receiver Bernard Berrian has caught 11 passes this season, good for No. 67 on the NFL's list of leading receivers. His 195 yards puts him 38th in the league. Despite his relatively slow start, Berrian felt obliged Thursday to point out flaws in the pass defense he will face Monday night at the Superdome.

Yes, the New Orleans Saints are giving up almost 250 passing yards per game this season, the fourth-worst mark in the league. The Vikings will have a chance to make some plays, but Berrian seemed awfully confident for a player whose team hasn't had a 300-yard passing game in four years.

Speaking to reporters in the Vikings locker room, Berrian said: "We're going to take advantage of a lot of things we see."

After watching film of the Saints, Berrian noted "there's a lot of big holes" in the Saints defense and isn't too impressed with cornerback Mike McKenzie.

"He's an old veteran" Berrian said. "He's going to be a smart player, but I don't think the skill is there as much as it used to be."

snepp 10-03-2008 10:59 AM

Pointing out facts <> Talking ****

jmood88 10-03-2008 11:08 AM

No they didn't point out any facts. If you want to call out a corner on the Saints when you're a nobody, don't call out the best and most physical one. At least Williams was smart and picked on the rookie.

snepp 10-03-2008 11:13 AM

I fail to see where these gross inaccuracies are? Both Williams and Berrian are ******** for running their mouths when they (and the team) haven't done jack all year, but it's not like they're just making things up.