Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Ok please give subjective choices on football games listed. (/forums/showthread.php?t=272159)

XCalmLikeABombX 10-04-2008 07:59 AM

Ok please give subjective choices on football games listed.

If you had to pick one football game that is the most enjoyable, accurate, and overall is THE best football game out..what would you choose.

mercalnd 10-06-2008 10:38 AM

Re: Ok please give subjective choices on football games listed.

NFL Head Coach 09 by a mile for me. It has totally ruined traditional "control the players" football games for me.

If one wants to control the players, I'd say APF. If one wants the NFL lcense on top of that, then 2K5. But 2K5's CPU passing game was always a big road block to me. Some of the modded rosters help quite a bit but something is still off though. Franchise mode is also a mess in that game.

bsb13 10-06-2008 03:30 PM

I would say get Madden 09, but not for NG systems. Pick it up for the PS2 or Xbox.

marktg30 10-09-2008 01:12 PM

As much as I hate to admit this, I actually prefer Madden 05 over them all. I actually bought 2k5 retail and the broken Franchise progression in that game was worse than current Madden 09 progression. Franchise makes or breaks a game for me, and I think Madden 05 had it almost perfected in some ways.

mercalnd 10-09-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marktg30 (Post 2038796864)
As much as I hate to admit this, I actually prefer Madden 05 over them all. I actually bought 2k5 retail and the broken Franchise progression in that game was worse than current Madden 09 progression. Franchise makes or breaks a game for me, and I think Madden 05 had it almost perfected in some ways.

I hear old gen Madden 09 is pretty darn good. They finally removed the passing cone for the CPU and made it optional for humans on every level.

DJ 10-09-2008 01:29 PM

I have APF, 2k5, Madden 09 and NCAA 09 and for me, right now, the game I'm enjoying the most is NCAA.

I've got a good slider set going and playing with Syracuse is a real challenge.

Don't sell Madden short, though. Yes, it's lacking in the presentation area, but I feel that it does play a solid game of football, and this is coming from someone that prefers 2k's gameplay to EA.

solson 10-10-2008 12:58 PM

I would say for the platforms i would choose NFL Head Coach 09. It is a really good game. But overall I like SportSims.net football. It is an online football where you run your own franchise vs 31 other humans. It is a blast!