Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who is the most talented player in the NFL? (/forums/showthread.php?t=272329)

gabs485 10-05-2008 12:26 PM

Who is the most talented player in the NFL?

I want to know who is the most talented player in the NFL. By talent I mean natural skills above everyone else.

I was thinking about Calvin Johnson but after thinking about it twice there is no one close to Randy Moss.

bkrich83 10-05-2008 12:30 PM

Re: Who is the most talented player in the NFL?

I have two.

Adrian Peterson, unbelievable size, agility, speed, instinct package. If he stays healthy his career numbers will be off the charts.

Antonio Cromartie. Still learning the position. But his size/athleticism/lengh combo is unmatched by any DB in the league.

SPTO 10-05-2008 12:31 PM

Natural talent eh?

I'd have to say Moss as well but he sure did spend a good chunk of his career only playing at like 80% of his full capacity. In a sense it makes one wonder what his numbers would be like if he took the game more seriously when he was younger.

Adrian Peterson is another guy, dude is a combination of Barry Sanders and Walter Payton at times.

Cebby 10-05-2008 12:31 PM

Randy Moss

Psyblast 10-05-2008 12:33 PM

Moss, Tomlinson, Peterson...CJ would be up there if he had anyone competent around him.

dkgojackets 10-05-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyblast (Post 2038780124)
CJ would be up there if he had anyone competent around him.

Isnt the whole point of deciding based on natural talent alone that you eliminate factors like that?

Psyblast 10-05-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkgojackets (Post 2038780220)
Isnt the whole point of deciding based on natural talent alone that you eliminate factors like that?

In that case he's definitely on the short list.

He just doesn't get a chance to show it off.

AlexBrady 10-05-2008 01:07 PM

I think Moss is overated. Personally, I would take Owens and Steve Smith over him.