Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Evolution of Sports Games: Part Two (/forums/showthread.php?t=273302)

RaychelSnr 10-09-2008 10:53 AM

Evolution of Sports Games: Part Two

Nathan Marshall continues his series this week taking a look at the evolution of sports games. Last week we took a look at our sports gaming past. In part two of his article series today, we take a look at sports gaming's present.

Quote:

"Last time I spoke to you all, I gave sort of a history lesson explaining where we came from as it pertains to the sports game genre. The strides that were made back then set the table for what we have today. Here are some of the current staples of sports gaming that have become commonplace thanks to technology advancement."

SqueakyD 10-09-2008 11:30 AM

I agree with the MLB: The Show having the best commentary out there... It's such a huge stride from... say... World Series Baseball on the Sega Genesis. I remember the announcer would say, "...aaaaand foul" each and every time a foul ball was hit. But back then I thought that was pretty cool.

Shinyhubcaps 10-10-2008 02:20 PM

The best thing that sports games have going for them right now, besides graphics, is the fact that people play like their real-life selves. Years ago, if you said "I can't hit with Ryan Howard" or "I can't shoot with Carlos Boozer," they wouldn't know what to say because all players played alike. They'd probably say that you just suck and can't hit or shoot with anyone. Now, though, there is an actual difference. Tendencies, animations, player size... all of those things make, say, running for a first down with Stephen Jackson a bit different than running for a first down with Adrian Peterson.

Heck, I could write a whole article just on that aspect... good read.

wowgolds98722 10-25-2008 11:02 PM

wow money

Would like to witness the overwhelming Azshara fighting in the capital of boiling? Mmoinn for you, providing a lot of wow money , so that you can lean more to buy the equipment. So that you can pass through an eternal spring, came to the ruins of the World. You can also find World of warcraft Gold in the
wow power leveling . As soon as possible to your adventure!