Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=273719)

the_future420 10-11-2008 05:45 AM

the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders (Version 5.0)

Alright guys, I've been tweaking sliders since i got this game, and Ive played about 30 or so games. I think that these sliders will provide a very realistic playing experience for any sim player. These are for 12 min quarter games. I am seeing very accurate FG attempt/% numbers for both teams. I am seeing about 4-6 non-steal turnovers per game. Errant passes, passes just off the fingertips out of bounds, even shot clock violations every now and then.

I HIGHLY suggest you use my sliders in conjunction with Nogster's Rosters He had gone to great lengths to edit almost every player's tendencies to produce a more realistic result on the court. Sliders alone can't make this game play great, IMO and his rosters are some of the best out.

These sliders require that you play good team defense. You need to shade ball handlers and funnel them to your help defense. Double team appropriately. If you play good fundamental defense, you will be rewarded. On the offensive end I HIGHLY suggest you play with Auto-Play Calling enabled. Your coach will call plays for you that fit the situation and the coaches definitely adapt to how the game is being played. If something is working for you, your coach will continue to call that play until the D proves they can stop you. Play smart ball and I think you will find these sliders provide a very enjoyable experience. These ARE NOT FINAL, but they are close to final I imagine. I am still making tweaks to the sliders, but they come after several games of playing to make sure I am not making rash changes just because of one game. Without further ado, here are my sliders:

Version 5.0 is now up on 2k Share! :usa:
Filename: "OS TheFuture420 5.0 (Final version w/description)"

*Remember that you must input fouls setting/qtr length/difficulty manually as the game sliders download doesnt include settings*

Version 5.0 Updated 11/25/08

Rules/Settings

Quarter Length: 11 Minutes
Difficulty: All-Star
Game Speed: 50
FT Difficulty: 50 (I use REAL FT%)
Clutch Factor: Off

Charging -100
Blocking -90
Reaching-65
Shooting-65
Loose Ball-100

Offense Playcalling: Auto (I really think these are important)
Defense Playcalling: Auto (You will find that different teams have different philosophies)

*Settings are the same for Human and CPU. If two settings are listed,HUM is first, CPU is 2nd*
*Anything not listed is default at 50*

Offense
Close Shot -35
Mid Range-45
3 Pt-47
Layup-45
Dunk-50
Dunk in Traffic-15
Screen Success-35

Defense
Steal Success-59,60
Help D-100

Attributes
Steal-25,25
Blocking-19,18
Ball Handling-40,30
Dunk Ability-47,45
Off Awareness-28,25
Def Awareness-75
Off Reb-44
Def Reb-65
Quickness-0
Hands-11
Speed-45,41
Strength-85
Stamina-42
Durability-45
Vertical-30
Hustle-25
On Ball Defense-50,47
Injury Severity-40

Tendencies
Close-8
Mid Range-100
3 PT-39
Attack Basket-32
Finish Strong-45
Look for Post-60
Triple Threat-100
Fadeaways-70
Hookshots-60
Putbacks-30
Flashy Pass-10
Commit Fouls-60
Play Passing Lane-65
On Ball Steal-63
Contest Shots-97
Sizeup-80

*A quick gameplay tip.

I'm not sure how most of you play, but I have greatly reduced the number of cheap passes on CPU cuts to the basket. When the CPU crosses half court, i make sure to "D'" up the cpu PG with lock on D. After that, I will then switch off-ball to either my SG or my SF to try and eliminate any quick slash to the basket. I know it sounds simple, but get in the habit of doing that and you will find that the CPU wont even attempt those passes if you are shadowing their wing players.

When it comes to stopping PitP, I have found for the most part it is best to allow your CPU defenders to defend the post while you defend permiter players/potential slashers to the hoop. With these sliders, your CPU teammates should do a good job of defending the post provided they are adequate defenders. However, you should be sure that you double team when neccessary.

Guys, I would really appreciate any feedback using these. I am getting excellent stats and tremendously fun games, I hope you guys do as well! Let me know what you think:woot:

Thanks guys for trying these out guys! I appreciate all your feedback!

the_future420 10-11-2008 07:08 AM

Re: the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders

I think I am gonna bump down the shooting sliders one notch. Testing them now

j.pro 10-11-2008 07:31 AM

Looks good I saw your box score in the other thread and it looked great, gonna try these out in about an hour. If I manage to get through the game I'll post my results. Here's to hoping it works great :y220:

the_future420 10-11-2008 08:09 AM

For anybody interested in these sliders, Id suggest not downloading them from 2kshare until tomorrow. I made some changes to them that i didnt upload. The first post will have the most updated sliders though.

These are playing pretty much perfect except for a few things.

1) I am seeing PitP numbers on average around 45 by the CPU. Thats a tad on the high side. Id love to get that number down to around 38. Just 3 less Paint FGs per game would be awesome.

2) The non-steal turnovers have been hit or miss. Some games I've seen upwards of 7 non-stteal turnovers which is awesome. Other games have none. I'm trying to find out how to generate more. looking into the off awareness slider more

ZephyrSong 10-11-2008 03:52 PM

I'm with ya The Future.. Always love 12 minutes sliders! The only problem though is I'm mainly going to be able to test Human versus Human so the tendencies mean nothing. With that said though, Layup at 40 may seem too low by just looking. Will test man! I'm just scared of your Off Awareness and Def Awareness settings.. what's up with that?

the_future420 10-11-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSong (Post 2038804715)
I'm with ya The Future.. Always love 12 minutes sliders! The only problem though is I'm mainly going to be able to test Human versus Human so the tendencies mean nothing. With that said though, Layup at 40 may seem too low by just looking. Will test man! I'm just scared of your Off Awareness and Def Awareness settings.. what's up with that?

It seems like with the lower Off Awareness I see some bad passes, unforced turnovers. I agree with you on the layup success. I increased it to 43 for both sides, I'm gonna see how that works for now.

Pongsona 10-11-2008 06:00 PM

Nice sliders.

Two things I didn't like:
1) Lack of post plays for CPU (since HUM can call post plays whenever we want)
2) Contest shots. CPU jumps 99.9% of the time whenever I use the pump fake.

I know everyone wants to lower the score for post in the paint, but CPU posted up only 2-3 times in a game. First game, I picked the Pacers as the computer, so I figured it was their lack of skilled big man that lead to no post up moves. When I picked the Celtics on the second game, same result. KG would receive the ball, but 99% of time he would just pass out. Not one single post move.

As far as contest shots, it's self-explanatory.

Can you look into these two?

I really appreciate your sliders, though. Keep it up.

bateman11 10-11-2008 06:42 PM

Those look similar to the sliders I am using. Nice work.