Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Question on fifa 09 that may make me buy it... (/forums/showthread.php?t=274355)

R9Ronaldo 10-14-2008 01:30 PM

Question on fifa 09 that may make me buy it...

I just want to know how the rosters etc are updated for online play. Do you have to pay to get roster updates? I know about the adidas live season thing but isnt that for single player...how are updates for online play given???

pro evo/fifa/pro evo/fifa/pro evo/fifa.................

parkman 10-14-2008 07:41 PM

Re: Question on fifa 09 that may make me buy it...

Last year, there was a free roster update after the winter transfer period had ended.

Bruins 10-14-2008 07:57 PM

There's usually a roster update a couple weeks after release, as well as a couple weeks after the winter transfer window closes, like parkman said.

calcutta 10-14-2008 09:31 PM

Adidas Live Season affects player attributes in Kick-Off mode, Quick Ranked Matches and online Interactive League matches only. But its for selected leagues only (EPL, Spanish BBVA, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga and the Mexican league).

You get a code on the back of the game manual for a free download of any ONE league, the others you have to pay for (560 points each, or 1200 points i think for all the leagues).

As for a general roster update, this is still free, and the game should immediately update when you first load the disc which i'm sure auto-updates the rosters as of September 1st...the first thing i did in the game was check certain rosters and players like Robinho and Kompany were in the Man City squad, while Berbatov was already in the Man Utd squad.

EA also released a February update once the January window closed for FIFA 08, so i think its safe to expect the same in 09.

R9Ronaldo 10-14-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcutta (Post 2038817633)
Adidas Live Season affects player attributes in Kick-Off mode, Quick Ranked Matches and online Interactive League matches only. But its for selected leagues only (EPL, Spanish BBVA, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga and the Mexican league).

You get a code on the back of the game manual for a free download of any ONE league, the others you have to pay for (560 points each, or 1200 points i think for all the leagues).

As for a general roster update, this is still free, and the game should immediately update when you first load the disc which i'm sure auto-updates the rosters as of September 1st...the first thing i did in the game was check certain rosters and players like Robinho and Kompany were in the Man City squad, while Berbatov was already in the Man Utd squad.

EA also released a February update once the January window closed for FIFA 08, so i think its safe to expect the same in 09.

So im still kinda confused- if its for quick ranked matched and online...what if you play with a spanish team(for example) but your updates are with the english league...then what happens. How can someone be playing with the adidas updates and another not be??

boomerang 10-15-2008 07:49 PM

I believe the updates with addidas live option are with respect to player attributes and not with roster updates. Roster updates should be free. Just the attributes will change to reflect how hot or cold the player is in real life.

Hope this helps.

calcutta 10-15-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomerang (Post 2038820939)
I believe the updates with addidas live option are with respect to player attributes and not with roster updates. Roster updates should be free. Just the attributes will change to reflect how hot or cold the player is in real life.

Hope this helps.

I believe this is true...i used the free trial code on the Premier League. I played a game yesterday with Hull City; Geovanni's rating has gone up to 79 (can't recall his original, but it showed an upward pointing arrow) while Fagan is down to 60 because of his long-term injury.

But i can also confirm Stelios Giannokopolous (sp?) was NOT in the squad, he was a Sept free agent signing by Hull. He's actually in the Greek national team squad in the game but i don't think you can move/copy a player from a national team to a club team in 09.

Diego Tristan was recently signed by West Ham, but i think we'd have to wait until the Jan/Feb update for him to be in West Ham FIFA 09.

R9Ronaldo 10-15-2008 11:31 PM

Thanks for the replies guys...ive ordered it anyway- tho im still!! confused as to how for eg-----you start an online ranked game
-someone picks an epl team fro eg arsenal
-the other guy picks an epl team eg man u
-yet one has the adidas updates for the epl
-the other has the adidas updates for la ligathen what?????lol