Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BCS Conference Invite? (/forums/showthread.php?t=274670)

IXI DECAY IXI 10-16-2008 12:06 AM

BCS Conference Invite?

Ok, so I started a dynasty with BYU. I went undefeated my first season and just won the Sugar Bowl against Connecticut. Why didn't I get a conference invite to a BCS conference???

jobalo85 10-16-2008 12:20 AM

Re: BCS Conference Invite?

They are completely random...couple of things that might help you out:

1. You have to have a team prestige higher than the team you would be replacing (I.E. If your a 3 star and and lowest team in the Pac-10 is a three star, your not gonna get an invite from Pac-10). I say this because I'm not sure what BYU's prestige is...

2. You can only get a conference offer to a conference in your region. In your case, Pac-10 is the only conference you could probably go to. So, that limits you incase the circumstances are as my first thing.

3. Even with the factors above, they are still random. You could have all the factors to get a conference offer and still not get one. Your best bet if you want one immediately is to save right before the national championship and simulate and reload until you get your offer.

4. There are no conference offers in online dynasty just incase this is online.

Hope that helps...

IXI DECAY IXI 10-16-2008 12:33 AM

It's not online. It's stricly offline. I think I just bumped up to a 4 maybe even a 5 star. It's one star higher than what they came on the game.

jobalo85 10-16-2008 12:45 AM

I Think Stanford, Washington State, Washington are all 3 stars teams. If you are a four star and saved your dynasty before the National Championship, you could just go back and sim until you get an offer.

Young J 334 10-16-2008 01:12 AM

After 4 undefeated seasons with Hawaii I got invited to the Pac 10. Their conference is STACKED in 2012. 5 teams in my conference are ranked

IXI DECAY IXI 10-16-2008 02:22 PM

Ok, so I just went undefeated for the 2nd season in a row winning the Rose Bowl again. Kept reloading my dynasty, and never seemed to get the invite.

Does anybody know if you can get a conference invite with Notre Dame?

mercalnd 10-16-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IXI DECAY IXI (Post 2038823212)
Ok, so I just went undefeated for the 2nd season in a row winning the Rose Bowl again. Kept reloading my dynasty, and never seemed to get the invite.

Does anybody know if you can get a conference invite with Notre Dame?

I've received countless MAC invites with ND, all of which I turned down. I seem to recall people taking them into the Big East and Big Ten though.

IXI DECAY IXI 10-16-2008 03:29 PM

I'm bout ready to give up on this stupid achievement. I simmed the third season and finished undefeated again... Beat Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl this time.

I even scheduled CAL, Oregon State, and Washington beating all three of them in the regular season...