Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How do people feel about Earl? (/forums/showthread.php?t=275099)

RogueHominid 10-18-2008 05:44 PM

How do people feel about Earl?

Quick question about how sim using Earl is considered. I really like power backs more than speed backs, and I'm thinking about switching my offense from an I-based system to a single-back. Earl would be a really nice fit, but I'm a little leery that he may have a cheese stigma. I don't throw screens but once every couple/few games, and I don't do the hurry-up.

Opinions?

bkrich83 10-18-2008 05:50 PM

Re: How do people feel about Earl?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2038829683)
Quick question about how sim using Earl is considered. I really like power backs more than speed backs, and I'm thinking about switching my offense from an I-based system to a single-back. Earl would be a really nice fit, but I'm a little leery that he may have a cheese stigma. I don't throw screens but once every couple/few games, and I don't do the hurry-up.

Opinions?

I don't care about that anymore. I just play with the guys I like at this point.

RogueHominid 10-18-2008 06:01 PM

Thanks for the feedback, bk!

grunt 10-18-2008 07:34 PM

Earl is as sim any other gold legend. There are so many gold legends rbs I haven't used.

RogueHominid 10-18-2008 08:07 PM

Cool. I just played 2 games with him in a 2 TE offense, won one, lost one. He had 200+ yards and a 12 YPC average in the first game, which I lost, and 70-some yards and a 4.1 YPC average in the win. He's a beast to be sure, but not unstoppable. The guy I played in the second match used Earl too, and he only had 9 carries and a 3.2 yard average. Butkus and Lloyd will do that do a brother ;).

grunt 10-18-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2038830076)
Cool. I just played 2 games with him in a 2 TE offense, won one, lost one. He had 200+ yards and a 12 YPC average in the first game, which I lost, and 70-some yards and a 4.1 YPC average in the win. He's a beast to be sure, but not unstoppable. The guy I played in the second match used Earl too, and he only had 9 carries and a 3.2 yard average. Butkus and Lloyd will do that do a brother ;).

There are few things that are more satisfying than stopping a gold rb especially the Tyler Rose.

Pappy Knuckles 10-18-2008 09:42 PM

I'm ready to see Mr. Earl. Bring him on! :waytogo:

RogueHominid 10-18-2008 09:51 PM

Haha. You'll shut him out with generic coverage linebackers, I can feel it already ;). This offense is a work in progress, so it's nowhere near as explosive as the last one I was running with, but I'll let you have a look-see, buddy, and see what you think.