Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Awareness Attribute (/forums/showthread.php?t=275283)

Speedy 10-19-2008 10:03 PM

Awareness Attribute

Am I the only one who thinks the awareness attribute shouldn't decline if a player is moved from OLB to MLB or CB to Safety?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always associated awareness with a player's sense of the opposition around him (Offense) and the position he should be in (Defense). A player's rating should increase/decrease based on the attributes needed to excel at the position - so an OLB should be nearly rated the same as MLB unless he has bad tackling or something but why should his awareness go down like 80 pts?

What about moving a WR to CB and he loses agility or acceleration? The player's speed shouldn't suffer - that's why there's attributes for man/zone coverage, etc...

UnderRatedCoast 10-20-2008 02:38 AM

Re: Awareness Attribute

I think it should move down slightly, since playing OLB and MLB are pretty different positions...however, it shouldn't be dropping from 75 to 55...more like from 75 to 65-70, and those points should be regained as the season goes on and the player gets used to his new position. Also, when moving a freshly recruited freshman OLB and changing their position to safety, the awareness shouldn't move down at all. Those guys often don't play the same position in college they did in high school anyway, so they are all very green to begin with anyway.

hyphy1 10-20-2008 06:13 AM

my opinion is the non-awareness attributes shouldnt change but AWR should change. Say a WR is 83 AWR his AWR as a DB should be 7-10 points lower since it's not his natural position. But his other skills shouldn't change...but they do. Did he suddenly get slower since's he's a db now? WTF! As much as I like this game this is one of the things I hate.

ftball11 10-20-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321 (Post 2038833953)
Am I the only one who thinks the awareness attribute shouldn't decline if a player is moved from OLB to MLB or CB to Safety?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always associated awareness with a player's sense of the opposition around him (Offense) and the position he should be in (Defense). A player's rating should increase/decrease based on the attributes needed to excel at the position - so an OLB should be nearly rated the same as MLB unless he has bad tackling or something but why should his awareness go down like 80 pts?

What about moving a WR to CB and he loses agility or acceleration? The player's speed should suffer - that's why there's attributes for man/zone coverage, etc...

The awareness rating should only change slightly, maybe 5 to 10 points, but the physical attribute ratings should stay the same. So many positions are interchangeable today, especially in college.

Speedy 10-23-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyphy1 (Post 2038834927)
my opinion is the non-awareness attributes shouldnt change but AWR should change. Say a WR is 83 AWR his AWR as a DB should be 7-10 points lower since it's not his natural position. But his other skills shouldn't change...but they do. Did he suddenly get slower since's he's a db now?

I somewhat agree...the physical attributes shouldn't change; I mean a player shouldn't lose any speed, agility, strength etc. in moving a position. But for some reason in the game, if a player changes a position, his awareness changes to as if he's a freshman...

That's why I think there should be a composure as well as experience rating; that way if a WR is changed to a DB his senior year, he still has a lot of experience & composure regarding the game itself, but his skills (man/zone coverage, tackling, pursuit, etc.) for the position would decrease his overall rating