Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Realistic Dynasty? (/forums/showthread.php?t=276430)

Slimshoom 10-27-2008 02:52 PM

Realistic Dynasty?

What do you guys consider to be a realistic dynasty? In my last one, playing on AA, I went 13-1 with Western Michigan and lost in the NC to Ohio State. That dynasty was so unrealistic it was silly, with my ENTIRE defensive backfield named as All-Americans with two guys having double-digit interceptions, and two defensive linemen with 10+ sacks.

After that outrageousness, I decided to crank it up to Heisman and play in a more difficult conference (I chose Wake Forest in the ACC). So far I am 6-1, but they have been very exciting games, two of which I have won with late comebacks, one of them a last second thirty yard pass to beat Clemson.

Picks are still a problem, as I have one guy with 6 and one guy with 4.

So, my question is, what is your guys' criteria for a "realistic season". I know it depends on the team being used, but do you guys have any overall standards?

rudyjuly2 10-27-2008 02:57 PM

Re: Realistic Dynasty?

I think the bottom line is your record and if that is a realistic outcome. If you are beating everyone with inferior teams, it's probably not realistic and you need to bump up the difficulty which is what you did. You also want fairly realistic stats but at some point we have to accept that the outcome of our games might not be able to do that.

youALREADYknow 10-27-2008 03:02 PM

The most important factor for me is being challenged by teams that are superior to yours.

I find it a bit strange when people say they were challenged and yet win by 21+ points against teams like Oklahoma or Florida.

I can go undefeated and still have a realistic season if I have close and competitive games against teams that are slightly better than me.

If I'm beating teams who have much better ratings than my team and haven't played the perfect game (75% comp, no turnovers, good special teams, forced turnovers on defense) then that's usually the sign that it isn't realistic.

Whether you can get a realistic dynasty without using some sort of house rules is debatable, but at the end of the day we all want something different from the game.

Eski33 10-27-2008 06:05 PM

What qualifies as realistic in a video game? If you use a lesser known team, like Western Michigan, is it more realistic that you can't compete with the more well known schools or would you rather your skill decide the outcome? I would prefer to have a chance to win regardless of what team I use. Yes, some of the top schools should have more speed but some of the "smaller" schools have a ton of talent and Western Michigan has enough to compete....

20 years ago I would have laughed if anyone told me that one day Boise State, Rutgers and Fresno State (just to name a few) would be rated higher than Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska and Miami....That Michigan would lose to Appalachian State and Toledo and that Notre Dame would lose to Navy AT HOME! If this took place in the video game world I am sure people would say this is unrealistic...Well, it is as real as it gets.....

So far, I have played as Clemson (lost to Alabama in my opener and won the rest) and Notre Dame (went unbeaten until I lost to Oklahoma in the NC)

Slimshoom 10-27-2008 07:44 PM

in my Western Michigan dynasty i beat three teams rated higher than me (Nebraska, Illinois, and Central Michigan), but it was really the stats that I think made it unrealistic.

With Wake forest i lost to Florida State (much higher), but beat Clemson (higher, but not as high as FSU) and Miami (little bit higher), but the stats are more realistic. Except for my RB's yards per carry when compared to his real life stats

Young J 334 10-27-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimshoom (Post 2038857041)
What do you guys consider to be a realistic dynasty? In my last one, playing on AA, I went 13-1 with Western Michigan and lost in the NC to Ohio State. That dynasty was so unrealistic it was silly, with my ENTIRE defensive backfield named as All-Americans with two guys having double-digit interceptions, and two defensive linemen with 10+ sacks.

After that outrageousness, I decided to crank it up to Heisman and play in a more difficult conference (I chose Wake Forest in the ACC). So far I am 6-1, but they have been very exciting games, two of which I have won with late comebacks, one of them a last second thirty yard pass to beat Clemson.

Picks are still a problem, as I have one guy with 6 and one guy with 4.

So, my question is, what is your guys' criteria for a "realistic season". I know it depends on the team being used, but do you guys have any overall standards?

Heisman level sliders

40/30
50/0
25/0
45/60
75/40

90/50
100/75
0/0
40/90
45/35

25/25
20/20
35/35
40/40
70/70

HFA on
QB quiz OFF
6-7 minute quarters

These arent an extremely hard set but the cpu will be able to out up points and you actually will have to put a drive together to score instead of having a 3 play, 85 yard drive. Big plays come a dime a dozen with these

Andrews85 10-28-2008 01:04 PM

I'm 5-6 in my Army Dynasty with the big Army Navy game left to play. I've lost to Maryland(#24), Western Michigan, Rutgers, Utah St., PITT(#20) and Notre Dame(#25). I've beat Eastern Michigan, Ohio, Air Force, Akron and Baylor.

I consider that pretty realistic. All of my wins were very competitive.

IXI DECAY IXI 10-28-2008 02:08 PM

What are your sliders Andrews85?