Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Suggestion for next year: Walk-on Requests (/forums/showthread.php?t=276885)

Deegeezy 10-30-2008 02:03 PM

Suggestion for next year: Walk-on Requests

Something that would add a lot to the NCAA series would be the user's ability to get walk-ons at whatever position they would like. If I have 6 wideouts but would prefer 8, I should be able to go sign lowly rated walk-ons if I so choose.

I think this would go a long way in adding realism to dynasty.

Deegeezy 10-31-2008 04:09 PM

Re: Suggestion for next year: Walk-on Requests

I know its lame to post into your own thread but does no one else think this would be beneficial?

dkrause1971 10-31-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deegeezy (Post 2038869456)
I know its lame to post into your own thread but does no one else think this would be beneficial?

I like the idea but really would like to see the CPU do this more to cover the holes in recruiting. When you see 1 LT but 7 QBs on the teams they should at minimum balance this out with walkons.

Young J 334 10-31-2008 06:10 PM

Yeah dude that'd be pretty cool. Closest i've gotten to this was in the first yr of my Hawaii dynasty. I didn't sign a kicker and they placed one on the depth chart for me. He was like 52 ovr and had 0 stars. Guess he was on their soccer team. Lol

Speedy 10-31-2008 06:23 PM

...or they could expand the roster to 85 players and that would solve nearly everything. But hey, Nebraska has a walk-on program that's amazing; even the little "sports trivia" ticker which the game is loading states that (like 3-4 starters for the '96 NC team were former walk-ons)

thelasthurtknee 11-01-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321 (Post 2038869688)
...or they could expand the roster to 85 players and that would solve nearly everything. But hey, Nebraska has a walk-on program that's amazing; even the little "sports trivia" ticker which the game is loading states that (like 3-4 starters for the '96 NC team were former walk-ons)

roster expansion would be great and its time to do that. i would like to see an option where you can only sign the amount of open roster spaces. so if you have 18 spots available you can target as many as you want but only sign 18. this is like real life. there openings arent always 25. i think last year lsu only had 21 available because of guys that came in spring. i just hate seeing alot of guys getting cut that should be on teams. the cpu recruiting logic is already crap. i like the walkon idea and we should be allowed to get walkons if you are under 70 players

ftball11 11-01-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee (Post 2038870674)
roster expansion would be great and its time to do that. i would like to see an option where you can only sign the amount of open roster spaces. so if you have 18 spots available you can target as many as you want but only sign 18. this is like real life.

Sorry, but that is not "like real life". Most D-I programs have over 100 players on their roster. Having players wear duplicate numbers is not just a novelty like many fans think, teams just have more players than they have jersey numbers.

Florida State - 112
Wake Forest - 107
New Mexico State - 105
Florida Atlantic - 132

The NCAA allows each Division I Football program 85 scholarships; I-AA programs 63 scholarships and Division II programs 36 scholarships.

To maintain Division I status, a program must have 76.5 football scholarship players and can carry eighty five active scholarship players.

D-I-AA programs have sixty three scholarships, usually divided among eighty five players.

Not every scholarship player is on a "full ride" scholarship and there are many non-scholarship players on every team, in every division.

thelasthurtknee 11-02-2008 11:25 AM

not what im talking about dude. its not realistic to cut guys because you just over recruited by 10. i cant go down to ea and tell them to let me have 120 guys on my roster. im just talking about within the limitations of the game. each ncaa team can only have 25 schollys out per calender year. depending on when they sign or show to campus dictates what class they they count against. what im talking about is basically not being able to cut guys so things dont get watered down. i can sign 25 guys a year right now with only 70 spots. in three years i can recruit 75 guys. you could end up cutting 50 guys in a 5 year span. it's lame! and i pretty much think its cheese since its already so easy to recruit. i think this wold make recruiting tougher, more realistic and doesnt take away alot guys that you would cut from being on cpu teams that need them or could use them.