Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NCAA Basketball 09 Video: North Carolina @ Duke (/forums/showthread.php?t=277348)

Steve_OS 11-03-2008 05:32 AM

NCAA Basketball 09 Video: North Carolina @ Duke

We have just posted a gameplay video from our beta copy of NCAA Basketball 09, featuring North Carolina @ Duke.

fsufan4423 11-03-2008 06:39 AM

Sweet...can't wait

IHateDuke32 11-03-2008 08:07 AM

Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Video: North Carolina @ Duke

I used to play March Madness back on Playstation 1, but I really started to dislike the series when it made the jump to PS2 with 2002's poor offering. I've pretty much been a 2K guy ever since, I was even just planning on downloading new rosters for this year through CHoops 2K8 and having that as my college basketball fix. However, that video looked pretty damn good. There are a few things that look like they need fixing (Danny Green goes over and back towards the end and no call), but overall what a giant leap in gameplay for this game. If there is solid representation of small schools in this game (such as SIU where I attend), I am definitely picking this game up. Very impressed

intellisect 11-03-2008 09:05 AM

I hope I'm wrong but this does NOT look like the NBA Live 09 engine at all. It is probably an upgraded Live 08 engine modified for the college game like CHoops used to do. I was excited but now I think I'll pass.

bases1616 11-03-2008 11:38 AM

I think it is the Live 08 engine. I read somewhere that is was the Live 08 engine and not the 09. Also, why is it so dark in the game? It looked like they were playing in some moonlighting game.

Pared 11-03-2008 12:09 PM

Looks great. Better than Live '09.... BUT.

Why are the contested shots in the paint STILL going in? It was a problem in Live and it's a problem here.

There is contact made, the shooter either gets hit or has to adjusted his shot and the ball still bounces in. Happen 3 times in that video alone.

I didn't see the "perfect arc" on shots as it may have been removed. I can only hope.

BTW, those white flashes are beyond annoying and disorienting at the start of the game. Seems like their solution to the strange graphical hiccups that plagued Live '09 during cutscene changes... but a wipe with the EA Logo or something would've looked a LOT better.

KG 11-03-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pared (Post 2038875626)
Looks great. Better than Live '09.... BUT.

Why are the contested shots in the paint STILL going in? It was a problem in Live and it's a problem here.

There is contact made, the shooter either gets hit or has to adjusted his shot and the ball still bounces in. Happen 3 times in that video alone.

I didn't see the "perfect arc" on shots as it may have been removed. I can only hope.

BTW, those white flashes are beyond annoying and disorienting at the start of the game. Seems like their solution to the strange graphical hiccups that plagued Live '09 during cutscene changes... but a wipe with the EA Logo or something would've looked a LOT better.

I thought the video looked pretty good. My purchase will hinge on how the Demo drops.

I haven't played Live but my only explanation would be that the game was played on a lower level? They didn't miss for a while until Gerald started bombing 3's. Glad to see EA got that part right (Gerald not being able to shoot)

I just want more details into the career mode or whatever it's called in NCAA Hoops. Haven't played an EA College bball game in so long.

sgtspit 11-03-2008 01:43 PM

im sticking with choops,with the 09 rosters.Still want to try the demo
out for this when ever it comes out..