Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QB Composure ... How Can I Fix This? (/forums/showthread.php?t=277374)

SpHSpH 11-03-2008 12:20 PM

QB Composure ... How Can I Fix This?

I play AA (w/ sliders) and 8min quarters.
--- Home-Field Advantage = off
--- QB Quiz = off

I am still struggling with my passing game - but I am trying to get better. One thing that I have noticed is that - when my QB throws a pick (or two ... or three ...) - he shows up as "blue" when I do the "show performance levels" thing.

And I have also noticed that - when he is in the blue - he is more likely to make errant throws (I watch the replay ... the ball sails or is way off-target) - and this leads to even more interceptions. This "Catch-22" is death to me!

I think the performance levels are :
--- blue (bad)
--- gray (normal)
--- yellow (good)
--- red (great)
--- pulsing red (in the zone)

Is there any way to move from the blue back into the gray? I am not so optimistic that my QB will ever be in the red - but I would really like for him to stay in the gray.

The interceptions KILL me in this game. And a "nervous" QB is not helping!

Young J 334 11-03-2008 12:44 PM

Re: QB Composure ... How Can I Fix This?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpHSpH (Post 2038875670)
I play AA (w/ sliders) and 8min quarters.
--- Home-Field Advantage = off
--- QB Quiz = off

I am still struggling with my passing game - but I am trying to get better. One thing that I have noticed is that - when my QB throws a pick (or two ... or three ...) - he shows up as "blue" when I do the "show performance levels" thing.

And I have also noticed that - when he is in the blue - he is more likely to make errant throws (I watch the replay ... the ball sails or is way off-target) - and this leads to even more interceptions. This "Catch-22" is death to me!

I think the performance levels are :
--- blue (bad)
--- gray (normal)
--- yellow (good)
--- red (great)
--- pulsing red (in the zone)

Is there any way to move from the blue back into the gray? I am not so optimistic that my QB will ever be in the red - but I would really like for him to stay in the gray.

The interceptions KILL me in this game. And a "nervous" QB is not helping!

After a pick I throw short routes to get my QB back in a rythm before taking stabs downfield. Usually works for me

youALREADYknow 11-03-2008 01:46 PM

Call a timeout.

Slimshoom 11-03-2008 02:46 PM

make safe throws, run the ball a few times, try to get the QB's rhythm back, and whatever u do DO NOT THROW ANOTHER PICK, you may as well give up the game. Also try to avoid a sack at all costs. (not that you wouldn't normally but its especially important right after a pick)