Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   QUASI HEISMAN/AA SLIDERS (/forums/showthread.php?t=277509)

rudyjuly2 11-04-2008 08:52 AM

Heisman Sliders NCAA 09 (that play more like AA)

I’m a an average to slightly above average gamer that normally plays on All-American (AA). But the cpu is too bad on AA since the cpu QBs throw too many interceptions and can’t run the ball well at all. I played about two years on AA in my dynasty and eventually gave up because I simply didn’t feel that better teams challenged me. I want to be worried about playing against a team that’s better than me and I want to have to play very well to win. I just don’t feel that happens on AA after you get used to the game.

As for Heisman, on default levels the cpu passing attack tears me up. I also struggle to run the ball as well. But I really feel that the Heisman level is playable this year without the cheats that keep gamers from trying it. So this slider set is a Heisman set that is very balanced between AA and Heisman. If you are one of those elite gamers that finds Heisman default too easy then don’t bother reading any further. This will be too easy for you. But if you are an above average gamer like me that is disappointed with AA, these might work for you.

HEISMAN SLIDERS

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACC 40 40
PASS BLK 25 0
WR CATCH 30 0
RB ABLTY 45 60
RUN BLK 90 100

DEFENSE HUM CPU
AWR 0 45
KNKDWNS 75 0
INT 0 0
BRK BLK 10 0
TKL 45 15

SP TEAMS HUM CPU
FG LNGTH 20 10
FG ACC 0 10
PNT LNGTH 0 50
PNT ACC 50 75
KO LNGTH 45 60

Some quick notes:
-if you find the cpu QBs are still throwing too many interceptions, boost their QB accuracy up and/or drop human defensive knockdowns
-the human pass rush isn’t very strong with these. If you want to boost that you will have to boost the human break block but this will also hurt the cpu running game
-if you find the cpu or human running backs are breaking too many long runs then drop the RB ability slider
-I keep the knockdowns low to help make it easier to complete the deep ball.
-click on my fine-tune your own slider thread to help make changes from these or create your own (http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showt...post2038849003)
-these sliders are designed for human vs. cpu play. I really don't know how they would be head to head.

Again, sliders are a very individual thing and the many different slider sets out there show the wide range of styles and abilities. Hopefully these will work for some of you and if not, hopefully you will find something that is fun and challenging for yourself. I just hope that some of the guys that are not having fun with this game anymore actually try Heisman to see how good that level can play - even for us guys who aren't that great.

Rudy

Herky 12-01-2008 04:22 PM

Re: QUASI HEISMAN/AA SLIDERS

I'm in the same boat with you as far as AA and will try these in my Iowa dynasty now. I am currently 4-0 with Jistic's AA sliders and will use these again Northwestern to see how I fare. I need a bit of a challenge so Heisman it is.

Herky 12-01-2008 05:31 PM

Had a really good game with these even those I lost 28 to 21. I jumped out to a 21 to 0 lead (thanks to two INT's returned for TD's) while missing a 38 yard FG into the wind, and throwing a pick near the endzone. I totally dominated the 1st half but it was a 360 the second. Even though there were 2 "Heisman moments" for TD's where I could not stop the CPU on dump passes, the fact that gave up 28 unanswered points, I still feel this was the challenge I needed. Here are some stats.

Iowa
Stanzi 13-23 89 YDS 0 TD 3 INT

Greene 32 ATT 140 YDS 0 TD
Hampton 5 AT 13 YDS 1TD

4 sacks 3 INT's

Northwestern
Bacher 20-29 296 YDS 3TD 2 INT
Villarreal 0-1 0 TD 1 INT

Bacher 12 ATT 17 YDS 0 TD
Sutton 9 ATT 27 TDS 1 TD
Ward 2 ATT 6 YDS 0 TD
Contech 1 ATT 1 YD 0 TD

3 sacks 3 INT's

This actually felt like a Iowa game as Stanzi has really struggled in some games. I had only thrown 1 INT in the 1st 4 games with him and had a completion % near 70 prior to this game. It felt more realistic as I don't want to run the table an put up crazy stats. Nice work on these.

rudyjuly2 12-02-2008 08:16 AM

Glad they worked for you. I'm still using the same set and haven't changed anything for awhile. Others might find them too easy as they are an easy Heisman set but they are plenty balanced for me.

I'm actually going to start a dynasty with Iowa after my 6th year with Colorado. Whether I win it all this year or not I will move on for another challenge (I still have to win the freaking Big 12) and I want a team in the Big 10 for a change. I will see how Shonn Greene will do for me.

RenDogg 12-02-2008 11:52 AM

What do you have your penalty sliders at? Default or adjusted. Sliders look good.

rudyjuly2 12-02-2008 12:00 PM

I do have them adjusted upwards a bit (probably haven't changed them from what I used last year). I don't get many penalties but I don't mind that either. In many ways a realistic number of penalties in the game would annoy me since they might feel scripted. I see more holding penalties but I can't say I see many penalties other than that with what I use below. I would just use what you like.

PENALTIES
Offsides 50
False Start 50
Holding 75
Facemask 50
Off Pi 80
Def Pi 60
Kr/pr Int 75
Clipping 50
Int Grounding 25
Rough Passer 50
Rough Kicker 50

JayD 12-03-2008 04:26 PM

If you are not seeing enough penalties set them all to 95. For some reason you see more penalites at 95 than you do at 100. I see alot of false starts with a few holding calls, mainley on kick returns, and i have actually seen a good amount of pass interference calls.

Rudy, have you tried playing on varsity at all with adjusted sliders? I have actually had some very good games with AuburnAlumni's sliders. It feels like the game flows better on Varsity. I will give your sliders a go and see how i like em.

rudyjuly2 12-03-2008 06:40 PM

I tried Varsity for a little bit. It seemed to play OK but I just find the cpu QBs are too stupid on the lower levels. I'm happy right now anyways. I do agree that Varsity can be made playable.