Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Buffalo v Syracuse ... (/forums/showthread.php?t=277841)

SpHSpH 11-06-2008 02:59 PM

Buffalo v Syracuse ... (or maybe Temple)

Just curious ...

Which do you think would be the tougher task in NCAA09:

Buffalo Bulls or Syracuse Orange

I am thinking about doing a "lousy team" dynasty, and I used to live in upstate NY, so these were two teams that I considered.

Buffalo is not in a BCS conference, but, wow!, Syracuse is awful.

Opinions?

I have added another team to my query ...

I actually live in Philadelphia now and I teach at UPenn. I am seriously annoyed that the Ivy League is not in this game (it was there in NCAA05 for PS2!). But I can use a different bad local team.

What about Temple? They are also terrible!

MindFlare 11-06-2008 03:03 PM

Re: Buffalo v Syracuse ...

It would have to be Buffalo considering they aren't even in a BCS conference. I would take Syracuse though to be more realistic.

youALREADYknow 11-06-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindFlare (Post 2038884615)
It would have to be Buffalo considering they aren't even in a BCS conference. I would take Syracuse though to be more realistic.

I'd think Syracuse would be more difficult since they actually play some good teams and have less bowl spots in their conference.

A one-handed midget with one eye could make a bowl in the MAC in this game.

bomberooski 11-06-2008 03:10 PM

James Starks is a beast for Buffalo. So is Drew Willy. They've been my team since NCAA 2002. Run with them. You won't be disappointed.

ThePebble19 11-06-2008 09:08 PM

I have run with both because, well, they are both my real life teams.

Buffalo is really fun the first couple of seasons with guys like Willy, Starks and Roosevelt there, but if you struggle to recruit after the first two seasons, you will be left with not a lot in the tank, and it will become tougher for you.

Syracuse is a mixed bag. They are so horrible in the game, as they are in real life, that it pains me to play with them. They have good RBs and that is about it. All of thier QBs are horrible.

If I were you, I would roll with 'Cuse and try to get them either in the ACC or the Big 10. You will see MUCH tougher competition that way, and it would be cool to see them get turned back into a national powerhouse.

Qui3tStorm 11-07-2008 12:26 AM

buffalo...

lower prestige team, harder to pull in the recruits. you will have to work your way up to a BCS conf. Instead of starting in the big east.

SpHSpH 11-07-2008 12:28 PM

I have added another team to my query ...

I actually live in Philadelphia now and I teach at UPenn. I am seriously annoyed that the Ivy League is not in this game (it was there in NCAA05 for PS2!). But I can use a different bad local team.

What about Temple? They are also terrible!

esayem 11-07-2008 01:46 PM

I am using Temple since UMass is not in this game. They are very fun to play with, but tough to recruit for in the beginning. I am still in my first season and I managed to upset nationally ranked Penn State. I lost to Army though. :google:

Like I said, fun team, mobile QB, never know what's gonna happen.