Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Any body else feel like... (/forums/showthread.php?t=277968)

Young J 334 11-07-2008 02:00 PM

Any body else feel like...

Lead block control is cheese? It can turn any back into a superstar because the block always works

heavy_hitter 11-07-2008 02:17 PM

Re: Any body else feel like...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young J 334 (Post 2038887116)
Lead block control is cheese? It can turn any back into a superstar because the block always works

I don't agree with you at all.

Lead block is one of the best things EA has ever put in the game that not many people use. I am using a SG Spread offense and don't use it at all. When I use under center offenses I use it all the time.

Lead Block is no different than someone going out and User Catching/Rocket Catching every play. It is also easy to stop. Just use the commit button because you can't lead block and run PA pass. You can distinguish the play because they can't use PA with lead block because the CPU will throw the ball rather than you.

fistofrage 11-07-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young J 334 (Post 2038887116)

How do you do a lead block? I am not sure I ever used this feature.

Speedy 11-07-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2038887163)
How do you do a lead block? I am not sure I ever used this feature.

On the PS3, just push the O button until you get the player you want to use and push down on the R3 button (I think - can't remember). To do a cut block push down on the R3 and for a pancake push up.

Now I don't believe it's cheese but the fact that it is so successful (at least a 75% pancake block) means it should be tweaked. I can see Keyser using a house rule on this as well...

Strummer101er 11-07-2008 03:11 PM

With a good lineman, lead blocking works about 95% of the time in AA, and maybe 25% of the time in Heisman. Sure is fun to blast open holes on the goal line.

I love it. Wish they'd let me pass block, too.

Young J 334 11-07-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavy_hitter (Post 2038887156)
I don't agree with you at all.

Lead block is one of the best things EA has ever put in the game that not many people use. I am using a SG Spread offense and don't use it at all. When I use under center offenses I use it all the time.

Lead Block is no different than someone going out and User Catching/Rocket Catching every play. It is also easy to stop. Just use the commit button because you can't lead block and run PA pass. You can distinguish the play because they can't use PA with lead block because the CPU will throw the ball rather than you.

Well I just played a guy that used it to pick up a blitz with it. He didnt run to the side he was lead bloacking on all the time either. Jumping the snap does nothing to hinder this ability. And wtf is the commit button? Tought that was taken out of this year's version and only left in madden.

And have u played ur game yet? If so Im advancin in a few minutes

Jive_Turkey 11-09-2008 09:38 PM

It sucks cuz blocker does wins 90% of time not matter what rating and one rollout cheeser who i beat gave me fits with it. he was USF, although he was one of the smarter cheeser cuz he ran it decent cuz of lead blocker.

heavy_hitter 11-10-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young J 334 (Post 2038887669)
Well I just played a guy that used it to pick up a blitz with it. He didnt run to the side he was lead bloacking on all the time either. Jumping the snap does nothing to hinder this ability. And wtf is the commit button? Tought that was taken out of this year's version and only left in madden.

And have u played ur game yet? If so Im advancin in a few minutes

Commit is still in the game.