Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Note to EA: The "Greased Pig" animation needs to GO. Now. (/forums/showthread.php?t=278732)

AuburnAlumni 11-13-2008 04:15 PM

Note to EA: The "Greased Pig" animation needs to GO. Now.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had his fill of seeing a CPU controlled RB or WR take off on a 90 yard TD or gain 12 yards on a 3rd and 11...not because of skill...but because of my CPU controlled Defensive players suddenly going into the "I can't catch a greased pig" stumbling animation.

This in my opinion overtakes the incredibly stupid "jump the snap" feature as the most arcadish and "cheap" tactic in NCAA, which is a tall order in itself.

It's a very unimaginative and cheap way to "manufacture" big plays in this game.

I don't think I've seen any College Football games this year where DBs and LBs suddenly lose their footing over and over and over and apparently drop their speed down to a 5.1 40.

Please don't let this crap show up in NCAA 2010.

Thank you for your attention. :cheers:

z Revis 11-13-2008 04:27 PM

Re: Note to EA: The "Greased Pig" animation needs to GO. Now.

Gahhhhh your avatar is so distracting. LOL. But yea I do agree with you, I hate that animation.

Solidice 11-13-2008 05:25 PM

I really hate that animation and it's not something you can just brush off, as it happens way too often in the game. I've even seen plays where that animation happened 3-4 times on the SAME play, back-to-back. hell there was one time the CPU running back had about 88 speed, my DB had 98 or so speed, he "tried" to tackle the HB but got that animation, stumbled and rolled on the ground, got back up, ran down the HB, got the animation again, stumbled again, and he ran the HB down once again, only to stumble once more while the HB scored a 80+ yard TD.

and it still happens even if Tackling is on 100, so don't say sliders can fix it.

Cyros 11-13-2008 05:59 PM

I can't tell which animation I despise more, the greased pig, or little mini backs chokeslamming my linebackers.

Blaxican8504 11-13-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyros (Post 2038903853)
I can't tell which animation I despise more, the greased pig, or little mini backs chokeslamming my linebackers.

Personally, I like the chokeslam. Just for the simple fact that it is kinda funny to see because it is so unbelievable.

Cyros 11-13-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaxican8504 (Post 2038903860)
Personally, I like the chokeslam. Just for the simple fact that it is kinda funny to see because it so unbelievable.

UAB gave me hell in the dynasty and I can't think of the times I crashed a run play with my MLB and had him get shrugged off by back that probably wasn't even over 200lbs. I refused to believe a team with a 69 OVR offense was truly loaded with studs.

P2K 11-13-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyros (Post 2038903853)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaxican8504 (Post 2038903860)
Personally, I like the chokeslam. Just for the simple fact that it is kinda funny to see because it so unbelievable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyros (Post 2038903883)
UAB gave me hell in the dynasty and I can't think of the times I crashed a run play with my MLB and had him get shrugged off by back that probably wasn't even over 200lbs. I refused to believe a team with a 69 OVR offense was truly loaded with studs.

Experienced all of these. I saw my stud LB, that is like 240, get chokeslammed by this lame *** 170lb squirt ball of an RB. I had to instant replay that bitch because I couldn't believe it.

And I love when the RB, who is like 80 rated, gets super athletic acceleration on his cuts and is jump juking every friggin' tackle.

Cyros 11-13-2008 06:46 PM

I repaid the favor by throwing the deep ball to my 6'5 99 speed wide receiver.