Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Run Coverage (/forums/showthread.php?t=279041)

RogueHominid 11-16-2008 01:16 PM

Run Coverage

I noticed something a little while back about players who have the run coverage attribute that I figured I'd post here for the community's benefit.

While using Jesse Tuggle in a 3-4 scheme, I came up to fill the hole and saw an animation that I don't see out of other LBs when doing the same thing. Tuggle sort of dipped his shoulder and then tossed the blocker. I've seen similar things out of Jerome Brown, and I think that people with run coverage have access to a unique set of animations when it comes to shedding blocks.

Just thought that may be useful to know when putting teams together. Try to engage the run manually with guys who have this ability, and let me know what you think.

kantshootrite 11-16-2008 04:03 PM

Re: Run Coverage

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2038910305)
I noticed something a little while back about players who have the run coverage attribute that I figured I'd post here for the community's benefit.

While using Jesse Tuggle in a 3-4 scheme, I came up to fill the hole and saw an animation that I don't see out of other LBs when doing the same thing. Tuggle sort of dipped his shoulder and then tossed the blocker. I've seen similar things out of Jerome Brown, and I think that people with run coverage have access to a unique set of animations when it comes to shedding blocks.

Just thought that may be useful to know when putting teams together. Try to engage the run manually with guys who have this ability, and let me know what you think.

It could also be a hidden animation that only some players have but to be honest I've never really seen this animation do you have a replay?

RogueHominid 11-16-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kantshootrite (Post 2038910785)
It could also be a hidden animation that only some players have but to be honest I've never really seen this animation do you have a replay?

No, but I'm looking at getting some video capture equipment pretty soon. When I do I'll post a video. It was very cool and not something I'd ever noticed before.

kantshootrite 11-16-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2038911114)
No, but I'm looking at getting some video capture equipment pretty soon. When I do I'll post a video. It was very cool and not something I'd ever noticed before.

Well cool I look forward to it because I see new stuff all the time on this game I've posted some highlights on youtube but the quality is below garbage lol

RogueHominid 11-16-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kantshootrite (Post 2038911162)
Well cool I look forward to it because I see new stuff all the time on this game I've posted some highlights on youtube but the quality is below garbage lol

So true. The crazy thing is that I've been playing since the game came out and I'm still learning stuff. League play is blowing my mind--I see stuff each game that makes me wish I had the tape rolling so I could study it and figure out what the heck just happened ;).

We're taking signups for a second season of the Armchair Quarterbacks league. It's full of good, straight players. If you're not in a league already, check it out.

kantshootrite 11-16-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2038911195)
So true. The crazy thing is that I've been playing since the game came out and I'm still learning stuff. League play is blowing my mind--I see stuff each game that makes me wish I had the tape rolling so I could study it and figure out what the heck just happened ;).

We're taking signups for a second season of the Armchair Quarterbacks league. It's full of good, straight players. If you're not in a league already, check it out.

I've retired(Auto-Strafe in online leagues ps3 version)but when I was in online leagues it was extremely fun if you excluded the cheesers that squeezed through.

catcatch22 11-18-2008 04:56 AM

I know what your talking about, its the loose ball magnet ability I think because I have seen Bednarik, Spielman, Woodson and Hampton do it all the time when going after a runner. They toss the blocker out of the way by hitting a shoulder on the blocker and quickly get by.

RogueHominid 11-18-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catcatch22 (Post 2038915482)
I know what your talking about, its the loose ball magnet ability I think because I have seen Bednarik, Spielman, Woodson and Hampton do it all the time when going after a runner. They toss the blocker out of the way by hitting a shoulder on the blocker and quickly get by.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Tuggle dropped a shoulder and almost clubbed the blocker, totally dispensing with him.