Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   How's your Franchise going? (/forums/showthread.php?t=279253)

Segagendude 11-18-2008 03:12 AM

How's your Franchise going?

Copied this idea from the Madden thread:
I'm currently in Year One of my Browns chise. I just beat Buffalo 17-3, but ironically, I lost Anderson for the season with a dislocated elbow (!?), so Quinn is now my starter. Till now, Anderson was on the cusp of breaking 3,000 yds passing. He's stopped at 2,789.(I do alot of short passes and get tons of YAC!)
(Using Connell's rosters for PS3, and some slider tweaks from here:http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-settings.html

Currently, I'm at 6-4, one game above Pitt (5-5) for first place in the AFC North.I was at 5-2, but dropped two straight coming into this contest.It was snowing and there were major 14 MPH crosswinds.(You really have to compensate for wind in this game;I had a field goal try drift wide left after starting down the middle!!)
So far this season, Joshua Cribbs is my best receiver; already has averaged 100+yds catching per game and 4 td's. (Stallworth broke his leg in the first game of the year, and is on IR) And Winslow is second with three td's and about 90 yds per game...
My running game is a disgrace.....Lewis has yet to have a 100 yard game.
I'm thinking about replacing him with Wright;he's alot faster going thru gaps.I'll give Jamal one more chance...
Should be interesting to see if I can get to the playoffs and Super Bowl!
How's yours going??

NuJoiseySoulja 11-18-2008 12:20 PM

Re: How's your Franchise going?

I been using the Miami Dolphins - they're a real challenge to build, considering they're a bad team with a lot of overpaid players and their salary cap is like 1 million. I went 11-5 with Jay Fiedler as my quarterback, but it was mainly Ricky Williams running that got us that far. Lost to the Titans in the wild-card.

AJ Feeley is making mad money, but I am staying with Fiedler until something happens - I have the injury slider all the way up, but since my game is 80% running the ball with Ricky Williams, he doesn't get sacked much.

David Boston traded to the Browns for a 3rd round pick and defensive end Courtney Brown. Boston had a 91 rating, but he kept dropping the ball and his stats were really low.

I'll keep you updated with draft and Free Agency.

SoxFan01605 11-18-2008 03:16 PM

Welll, I jumped right into franchise after not playing this game for a year and am currently 2-5 with the Texans. I lost my first 4 and have gone 2-1 since. I probably should have warmed up with some exhibition games first, as I was using Madden's control scheme in my mind...lol. Oh well. the game's still a blast and I find myself coming back to it each year. This is the first year I've used updated rosters though:)

NuJoiseySoulja 11-18-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Welll, I jumped right into franchise after not playing this game for a year and am currently 2-5 with the Texans. I lost my first 4 and have gone 2-1 since. I probably should have warmed up with some exhibition games first, as I was using Madden's control scheme in my mind...lol. Oh well. the game's still a blast and I find myself coming back to it each year. This is the first year I've used updated rosters though
What areas are you stronger and weaker in? Are you doing good as a quarterback? Are you doing bad as a defensive tackle?

Basically, what are your strengths and weaknesses with your franchise team?

ImagiNationFreak 11-18-2008 11:47 PM

I just started Franchise.

My first game against the Packers, I'm the Jets, It was all tied until the 4th quarter. They scored a 68 yard TD off a 7 yard pass. I got the ball back with 1:10 left. I started on the 16 and made it all the way to the 7 with hurry up plays and no time outs. 4th and 5, 4 seconds remaining, I threw the ball to a cut with Moss into the endzone...he gets nailed hard by 2 defenders and dropped the pass. I lost 17-10.

It was a rush making it that close in so little time only to screw it up in the redzone. I could not shake the D for anything.

Bulldogs78 11-18-2008 11:47 PM

I've given up on the updated rosters and franchise because of problems after the 1st year ie, 2 elite QBs, HBs, etc on the same such as Tom Brady and Matt Hasselback on one team and Adrian Peterson and LT on another. Also stats go haywire.

So I just started with the old rosters and I am enjoying it as much as ever. stats stay realistic.

NuJoiseySoulja 11-19-2008 12:37 AM

That is what I like about NFL 2K5, you can't win them all. I only have one house rule - No turbo with the quarterback when I scramble... it is amazing how you can be up 24-17 and they can come back and beat you. I think the Leadership attribute plays a big role on comeback wins.. cause I am re-doing the 2004-2008 roster from VC and I have Jake Delhomme with a 92 LDR, and the Panthers came back and beat the Saints after losing 17-3 for 3 quarters.

puja21 11-19-2008 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldogs78 (Post 2038918483)
I've given up on the updated rosters and franchise because of problems after the 1st year ie, 2 elite QBs, HBs, etc on the same such as Tom Brady and Matt Hasselback on one team and Adrian Peterson and LT on another. Also stats go haywire.

So I just started with the old rosters and I am enjoying it as much as ever. stats stay realistic.

the free agency problems have nothing to do w/ updated rosters.

what stats particularly are bothering you as unrealistic w/ updated rosters? i ask b/c if it's QBs sim stats being too high, that is an unfortunate bi-product of juicing their ratings... b/c if you dont boost QB ratings, the CPU fails to complete more than 40% of passes against you during live games.

if you are somehow not having the problem of CPU QBs performing poorly against you in the default roster (or just dont care), then you can quickly lower them all into that range using Finn's editor (10 mins max)

you shouldnt deny yourself updated rosters over something so easily remedied. aside from QBs & DBs having lower catch (to make INTs more realistic), my roster has near identical rating ranges w/ the default roster