Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you! (/forums/showthread.php?t=280632)

Moegames 11-27-2008 02:36 PM

Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

I REALLY feel Madden 2010 will be the game we been waiting for this generation..im referring to the 360/PS3 Generation. Just seeing the developers take notice of our suggestions, input, anger, sadness, etc has really given me a "positive" feeling about Madden 2010, it really has.

Especially when i see the developers respond to our idea's and stuff like that. I think this is definitely something we should all be excited about, we all should feel like we are a real part of Madden 2010 because i honestly feel that we *Active Members in OS Madden Forums* have a real part at helping make Madden 2010 a better game because we are being heard, we are sharing idea's with the developers in these forums, if it werent fo the dev's reading our posts,etc....we'd be feeling much much more out in the cold then we feel right now.....im actually feeling pretty damn stoked for Madden 2010..more then previous years and instead of us giving the Madden developers a hard time..i think its time we all push that aside now and all try to do our own part in helping make Madden 2010 by sharing idea's, input and suggestions.

You know, when i watch Madden Nation on TV...i sometimes wish i was there on that bus with them madden gamers and meeting the real NFL Pro's in real life like they are being on that TV show, getting their face in the spot light,etc but you know.. the more i think about it, im more content being in the underground side of Madden, fighting in the trenches for a better game as in ..being an active member of these Madden Forums here at Operation Sports Forums amongst the developers sharing idea's, input and suggestions...to me, i much rather have had a part in making Madden 2010 a better game for the gamers then having my face in the spotlight for a brief moment in my life..that to me means more then any of that going on in Madden Nation TV show..

So look at the bright side people, sure we still dont have that Madden we all been waiting for so long this generation .."yet" .. but look at the bright side, the positive aspect of it all...atleast we finally have the opportunity to be heard by the developers in which maybe, just maybe.. us, the hardcore gamers can have a "real" part in helping make a Madden football videogame a much better game then recent past Madden's. I had given some suggestions for Project Gothem 4 Racing at a Bizarre Creations message board before that game was released a few years back and i had a real part in helping make that game better by developers using a few of my idea's and actually putting them in the game..and im quite proud of that....the fact that developers are starting to realize how great the www can be by communicating with the hardcore gamer..sharing idea's, input,etc... its really one of the best tools given to a developer... and i hope in the future this kind of thing spreads.. i know of only a small handful of developers that actually use message boards to help "better" their games but honestly..its one of the BEST ways to do it...you know that old saying, two heads are better then one? Well that stands true with just about any thing..even videogames.

I have no doubt in my mind that because of my own personal stressing around here in these Madden Forums about putting much more effort into Atmosphere & Presentation has probably been noticed a few times by the developers and even other members where they then realize ..yeah, much more atmosphere and presentation in madden WOULD indeed make madden feel much more alive and finally be "FUN" to play.. you know, one of Madden's downfalls is that it was never really had any adrenaline within the gameplay while playing.. that "fun factor" missing from Madden has always hindered it from being that pinnacle football game we all wished for... and i honestly feel that Madden 2010 will be a complete turnaound next year..i just feel it and my gut feeling is almost ALWAYS right..:) .. and guess what... we all will have a part in that change because we didnt jump ship when others did and we were persistent with giving as much idea's input and suggestions to the developers as possible and last but not least... i give alot of respect to the developers for wanting to read our idea's, input and suggestions....this is what i call teamwork and we all should feel good about that...even the developers should feel pretty good about it all and nevermind all the pissy mouthed kids around here that continually bash madden and the developers over and over.. no matter where your at, let it be online or somewhere in person..there will always be those kind of people around..I think the change was needed at Tiburon and it was done.. now lets give them a fair chance..besides we are being heard and they are listening to us and our idea's and suggestions..

I know i know.. its crunch time for the dev's and alot of us are giving Madden 2010 the last shot at a Madden game but be positive about it. Sure i know its hard to be after so many years of lackluster madden games but dont you all feel a "real" change in the air like i do? As i said, my gut feeling tells me that Madden 2010 will be THAT game we been waiting for!!

ChiSox05 11-27-2008 02:40 PM

Re: Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

Cool, only 10 months until you have it...

SoxFan01605 11-27-2008 02:46 PM

I will be interested to see how this goes...lol. It seems as though every thread that is opened along the same lines but with an opposing viewpoint (meaning negative) is locked pretty quickly. Whether it's just preemptive or what, I dunno. This would fall into the same category as many of those posts, but it's positive. I don't disagree with what you said, but like I said...we'll see how it goes.

I think it's too early (at least for me) to feel overly positive about Madden 2010. Ian has been great and is thus far holding to his word to keep us in the loop and ask for our opinions. At THIS point, that's all we can ask for. Whether or not it translates into a great product remains to be seen. Personally, I have hope for the future of the franchise as long as Ian's at the helm. I'm just not ready to say Madden 2010 will be what I want it to be. It might take a couple years to get it where we want it, and I wonder how people might react to that potential reality.

spankdatazz22 11-27-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moegames (Post 2038944340)
I think the change was needed at Tiburon and it was done.. now lets give them a fair chance..besides we are being heard and they are listening to us and our idea's and suggestions..

I know i know.. its crunch time for the dev's and alot of us are giving Madden 2010 the last shot at a Madden game but be positive about it. Sure i know its hard to be after so many years of lackluster madden games but dont you all feel a "real" change in the air like i do? As i said, my gut feeling tells me that Madden 2010 will be THAT game we been waiting for!!

Just out of curiosity... do you think Tiburon hasn't been given a fair chance the past 4-5yrs post exclusivity?

As far as Madden 2010 being the "game we've been waiting for"... guess it depends on your perspective and expectations. If improvement is all that's expected, I'm just about positive the game will improve. But in terms of where I think the game should be at this point, I think they'll have a hard time making the changes necessary within one dev cycle. Even hardcore Madden fans openly say last gen Madden is a better/more complete game and it's likely been little more than a roster update for the past few years. That's a tough pill to swallow for a lot of us

dave374 11-27-2008 03:48 PM

I've been feeling good about Madden for the past four years and been let down all four.
The last four Maddens have left me with that feeling of waking up with a wicked hangover, looking to my left or right, and asking myself "I did that with that?"
I will reserve judgement on Madden 10.

ImagiNationFreak 11-27-2008 05:27 PM

It isn't out yet, sure there is a cool new juke and spin animation...but that is the least of Maddens flaws.

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

edubbs 11-27-2008 05:58 PM

Madden 2010 isn't even on my radar right now, and won't be for several months.

It's the same optimism every year.

I could care less about a game that is not do out for 10 months.

The current game has been out for 3 months, and just like previous years it's already on the shelf for most people who purchased it.

This 1 year in advance 'good feeling' for this franchise is completely unwarranted IMO.

I would like to be enjoying a 'good' football game this year....... right now.

Madden's 20th anniversary edition was 'supposed' to have been the year the franchise turned around.

I remember the 'good feeling' ALOT of people had about that release also.

Enough is enough.

SomeStrangeSin 11-27-2008 06:56 PM

i didnt buy 09 soo i have nothing to regret ian is listening but the fact is. are they doing enough to make it a sim experience, to make it a game with replay value, to surpass nfl2k5, i question those things. however ian seems to be listening to us sim guys soo who knows it will be interesting to see.