Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   having problems running the ball (/forums/showthread.php?t=281070)

broman007 11-30-2008 09:55 PM

having problems running the ball

Hey guys, I was using heelfan's sliders and had a lot of success running the ball (I play with the colts on franchise). I was averaging around 135 yds on 15-20 carries with Addai, However, I was allowing like 50 yds/game and I felt I was cheating. So I decided to play on my skill level. Now I can barely get 70 yds a game on close to 30 carries, but the computer gets around 120 a game. Im trying to get it balanced enough to where its average and i was wondering if anyone out there had any kind of suggestions......thanks guys!!!

JAYMO76 11-30-2008 10:12 PM

Re: having problems running the ball

:caflag:I feel your pain. I really dislike the running game in 09. I don't use IQ but rather use my own custom setting. The CPu running game in NCAA and Madden ias very, very poor.

Yeah...THAT Guy 11-30-2008 10:12 PM

idk, just keep practicing. u definitely can't run when they're stacking the line with defenders, but personally, i usually hold the AI to like 50 yards rushing and the rush defense thing is all the way up for my iq.

biglamb 12-05-2008 06:29 PM

I have discussed this with a lot of people and its your running style, change it. Patient and wait for your blocks, if you are nailing down sprint as soon as you get the ball forget about it. Stiff arms, jukes, trucking, get a break and then lay on the speed, but follow the blocks.