Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Cheap or not so cheap recruiting tatics? (/forums/showthread.php?t=281372)

Bucksfan7 12-02-2008 02:29 PM

Cheap or not so cheap recruiting tatics?

Im trying to figure some stuff out in these online dynasties with recruiting. I recruit pretty well, especially as smaller schools(we can all recruit well with big schools). But what i cant figure out is how these guys that have losing records come out with top 5 classes, especially when they are using a small school.

I came across something last night that could be used very cheaply especially in offseason recruiting. Im sure some of you already know this, but since i never thought about it, it never crossed my mind to think that someone could actually do this to recruit.

Anyways if you're in offseason recruiting, you just save as offline dynasty. Go in and recruit, and you can see what works and what doesnt to land some of those top recruits you need.

I came across this when a guy in my OD wanted me to see that his ATH he was recruiting, his best postion was at DE, and the player was only 6-0 185 fairly small DE. But the kicker was his ATH has 94 speed, mostly the reason he wants to put him at DE. After doing this i realized anyone could do this to find out what recruits they land, and how do land them. I couldnt believe it to be honest, i never thought about it.

thelasthurtknee 12-02-2008 03:13 PM

Re: Cheap or not so cheap recruiting tatics?

yea, its been talked about before and its a cheap tactic for sure. you have to play with guys you trust. there is a way to see if guys are cheating. take the dynasty offline and and just select and select each team as the active team and you can look at what they are doing. if they have three unlocked pitches after week one and they are very high, very high, and most you know they are cheating and boot them. i do this every week in one of mine that has recruiting rules. sucks that you have to do it but you can figure out alot about your dynasty partners the first two or three weeks of season.

Bucksfan7 12-02-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee (Post 2038958150)
yea, its been talked about before and its a cheap tactic for sure. you have to play with guys you trust. there is a way to see if guys are cheating. take the dynasty offline and and just select and select each team as the active team and you can look at what they are doing. if they have three unlocked pitches after week one and they are very high, very high, and most you know they are cheating and boot them. i do this every week in one of mine that has recruiting rules. sucks that you have to do it but you can figure out alot about your dynasty partners the first two or three weeks of season.

cool, like i said i never thought about it. And couldnt figure out how a team who is 4-8 is out recruiting my 13-1 team. I hope nobody is cheating to land recruits, cause i got a good group of guys who love to play and id hate to boot them.

ill definitely check this out to start next season since we are almost done with offseason recruiting.

youALREADYknow 12-02-2008 03:47 PM

Very cheap, very disgusting, and I hope EA does something about it next year.

Sefrit 12-02-2008 04:00 PM

It's not hard to land a good recruiting class in this game, especially with a lower star program. There are a large number of 3 and 4 star recruits that might be red to your school but have no offers and no other schools interested in them. By doing prospect searches every 4-5 weeks you can easily find enough recruits that simple have no other school that cares about them that will jump on a scholarship offer from anyone. Combine that with promises in the post season and I can see how a 1 star program can get a recruiting rating in the 40-50 and a 2 star program in the 20-30. Sure it's not realistic that a 3 or 4 star WR from California would agree to play for MTSU in real life, but in NCAA09 it's a reality.

Bucksfan7 12-02-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sefrit (Post 2038958343)
It's not hard to land a good recruiting class in this game, especially with a lower star program. There are a large number of 3 and 4 star recruits that might be red to your school but have no offers and no other schools interested in them. By doing prospect searches every 4-5 weeks you can easily find enough recruits that simple have no other school that cares about them that will jump on a scholarship offer from anyone. Combine that with promises in the post season and I can see how a 1 star program can get a recruiting rating in the 40-50 and a 2 star program in the 20-30. Sure it's not realistic that a 3 or 4 star WR from California would agree to play for MTSU in real life, but in NCAA09 it's a reality.

haha thats how i recruit. Look for those recruits nobody wants, its fairly easy to land them actually.

ChiSox05 12-02-2008 07:50 PM

Like the others said, Even with a 1* program I have signer a 4 star recruit. Just search for guys who have not been recruited and offered an there is a good chance that they Will sign with you.

Bucksfan7 12-03-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiSox05 (Post 2038959173)
Like the others said, Even with a 1* program I have signer a 4 star recruit. Just search for guys who have not been recruited and offered an there is a good chance that they Will sign with you.

Yeah thats what i do. Ive done a pretty good job at Toledo in my OD. Kinda weird season 2 i went 8-6, and had the #15 class in the nation. Season 3 i go 13-1 and have the #49 class(only 15 recruits though) in the nation lol. i think its cause my team is really young and not many good players were interested. I still landed 5-6 really good players.

Also the reason i started this thread is cause i wanted to make sure nobody in my dynasty is cheating when it comes to recruiting. So i wanted to know of some cheap tactics people could possibly be using.